Relief Customer Assistant (Part Time, Contract)
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Royal Voluntary Service
Frimley Park Hospital, Farnborough
£7.83 per hour Plus Training & Uniform Provided
Are you a community development professional with project management and volunteer leadership skills? Want to take on an exciting contract that will see you implement a highly prized service that enhances patients' stay in hospital? If so, read on.
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for a Relief Customer Assistant to join our team on a part time basis for a contract until the 31st March 2019.
Within a welcoming and team-focused environment, you will have the chance to take on an exciting short-term contract where you will be able to make a positive difference to staff, visitors and patients.
As a Relief Customer Assistant, you'll support the delivery of our new retail trolley service in Frimley Park Hospital.
Working directly with volunteers and potential volunteers, you will drive the development of the new retail trolley initiative.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop and implement a volunteer recruitment and retention plan, reporting into the Service Manager
- Train and motivate volunteers who are providing the trolley service to the hospital
- Co-ordinate and facilitate regular volunteer meetings and training sessions with the Service Manager
- Carry out a range of administrative tasks
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of delivering community development and engagement activities
- Project management skills, gained in a fast-paced setting
- The proven ability to work with volunteers or other customer services teams
- The ability to build positive working relationships, developing both the business and teams
Enthusiastic and proactive, as a Relief Customer Assistant, you will need to be comfortable holding meetings using Skype, conference facilities and face-to-face. You will also be an adept multi-tasker who can lead, inspire and engage others.
Please note, this is a zero hours relief contract, working an average of 15 hours per week to cover long term sickness.
The closing date for this role is the 1st February 2019 will interviews scheduled to take place on the 4th February 2019.
To apply for the role of Relief Customer Assistant (Contract), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Relief Customer Assistant, Contract, Community Development Worker, Charitable Services Worker, Charitable Project Co-ordinator, Service Assistant, Service Co-ordinator.
The Works Staffing Solutions Limited