Registered Nurse RN - Newborn Nursery
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Ascension
Additional Job Information
Title: Staff Nurse Newborn Nursery
City, State: Bridgeport,CT
Location: St Vincent's Medical Center
Department: Neonatal Intermediate Unit 001
Additional Job Details: Part-Time,Rotating, 32 hours,Weekly
Work Schedule: Day/eve rotating
St. Vincent's Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent's is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
The Staff Nurse Newborn Nursery,provides direct nursing care to newborns in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team, including culturally appropriate, family-centered education.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds. Demonstrates knowledge of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input to meet desired outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
- Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of care.
- Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of patient care.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education and Work Experience:
- Associate Degree in Nursing Required, BSN Preferred and 1 year labor/delivery and/or special care nursery experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to individuals hired, including PRN, part-time and temporary employees, volunteers and students.
Additionally, St Vincent's Healthcare is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web based program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS Verification Division, and the Social Security Administration that supplements the current I-9 eligibility verification process. The program determines whether the information provided by the new hire matches government records and whether the new hire is authorized to work in the United States.
Cambridge Medical Professionals
Encompass Home Health