Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Kingsgate Recruitment Ltd
We have a new opportunity for an eager Mortgage Administrator to join a brokerage firm and provide administrative support. You will help with the research and production of new mortgage and protection business. Processing, in full, all mortgage business from application stage to completion. Servicing of existing and new clients and support the mortgage consultant with their day to day activities with a view to become an advisor at a later stage.
The aptitude to work efficiently, enthusiastically in a proactive forward thinking manner, using organisational, managing, and prioritising skills is essential.
You should have excellent communication skills as you will be required to deal with mortgage lenders, clients and their professional connections with regard to their mortgage and ancillary requirements, particularly in the absence of the Mortgage Consultant, both verbally and in person.
You should be able to work well under pressure using your own initiative, on your own as well as part of a team.
- All mortgage cases to be reviewed and kept up to date tracking and monitoring each processing stage.
- Ensure general filing and other paperwork required by the consultant for client meetings is up to date & prepared.
- Entering new cases on CRM software and keeping mortgage data updated.
- Money Laundering & ID&V checks within FCA guidelines.
- Diary management.
- Dealing with correspondence and producing standard letters.
- Liaise with lenders, insurance companies, solicitors and clients ensuring requirements met such as medical examinations, obtaining evidence of earnings, completion of any questionnaires and recording and tracking these procedures.
- Maintaining mortgage department's resource library - replenishing Terms of Business, Fact finds etc when required.
- Ensuring acceptance terms and mortgage offers received as promptly as possible and checking these against application/illustration.
- Electronic filing of client correspondence and all other relevant documentation should be carried out at the time of processing.
Qualification & Skills:-
- 1 years minimum mortgage experience
- Good general knowledge of life and mortgage related products and legislation.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and associated software.
- Excellent record keeping.