Senior Manager, UX/UI City of London Fintech
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Salt Search
I am currently working with a leading fintech company based in the heart of London's financial district. They are looking for a Senior UX/UI Manager to join and lead the design team in their efforts to deliver user centred design projects and collateral.
As team manager, you will be responsible for signing off all design collateral before presenting it to stakeholders and c-suite members. Alongside this, you will be responsible for commanding the team where research and validation is concerned, directly working with CX members, producing rationales and ensuring a consistent look and feel across all platforms. As this is a mobile focused role, experience in this area is essential.
- Directing the team towards a user centred design approach,
- Mentoring a team of junior to midweight designers
- Research, prototyping and user-testing E2E experiences with the propositions teams, product and CX journey managers.
- Mapping journeys and finding friction points across onboarding and trading journeys for our Mobile and Web platform, working very closely with CX journey managers and stakeholders in Product, Support, Sales and Marketing teams.
- Lead the creation of MVP solutions with other Product Designers, CX managers and Product Owners.
- Creating innovative designs for components across all our touchpoints - including, Websites, application forms, client funding portals and of our Mobile and Web platforms.
- Creating hypotheses for 'what if the problem was fixed' and getting these problems fed into team roadmaps.
- Collating, contributing, and communicating insights to the business and stakeholders.
- Communicating with Developers and Business Analysts throughout development to ensure original designs are delivered or compromises agreed on within the original timescale.
- Providing design specifications, using Zeplin and use other relevant tools such as Jira.
- Measuring the results of your team with support from our data team, looking for improvements and making a tangible impact to business growth.
- Engage and manage external agency resources when required.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required
- Experience running a team of UX/UI Designers with a focus on Mobile first delivery.
- Proven ability to lead End-to-end Product Design, taking a project from inception to completion. (Running workshops, Wireframes, Prototyping, user interviews, visual design and working with developers to meet goals).
- Previous design experience of trading and financial products is a plus.
- Self-starter who loves to collaborate with designers, product managers, other teams across the business and using data to gather insights that inform design decisions.
- Comfortable working with InVision and Zeplin and other standard UX software, and will source the tools needed to do the job.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to other teams.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- A portfolio of your work with examples of interaction and visual design - we are looking for the portfolio to reflect a wide range of skills (workshops/design thinking, wireframes, prototypes, visual design, research and testing)
- Experience managing freelancers and agencies.
- Experience using Apple HUI and Google Material guideline.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
If this is of interest and you would like to submit your application, please click 'apply' or contact Kahmarl Gordon on