Posted on Jan 14, 2019 by Derwen College
Registered Nurse based in Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary up £27,500 (Term Time Only)
We are an Ofsted "Outstanding" and CQC "good" college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best possible staff to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our Clinical Services Team. Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services this role would work with the team to provide effective nursing services to students and clients within the College.
The key role responsibilities are:
- Provide high standard of care to students and clients
- Undertake care planning and reviews of students
- Provide support and education to peers, new staff, non registered staff and students
- Be professionally accountable for all aspects of your own and delegated work
- Keep the student at the centre of care, ensuring student and carer participation in decision making
- Use evidence-based practice to ensure clinical care is appropriate and effective
- Communicate with relevant college staff, students, external agencies, parents and third parties as required
- Administer immunisations and vaccinations to students in accordance with guidelines
- Undertake college audits in line with service needs
- Provide support to the medical practitioner undertaking weekly clinic
- Contribute to the risk assessment and health & safety assessment
- Ensure that accurate and timely records are kept to comply with NMC guidance
- Promotion of safeguarding and the welfare of vulnerable young adults
- Promotion of equality and diversity
- Specialist Qualification - Degree in Nursing (desirable) or equivalent - Registered Nurse (Learning Disability or Mental Health)
- Proven success of working within a similar role
- Knowledge of CQC framework / external quality standards and inspection
- Outstanding communication skills
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including on-site shopping and leisure facilities (including the use of the swimming pool and gym facilities), final salary pension scheme, 12-weeks annual leave, term time only working, enhanced family friendly policies, flexible working arrangements and extensive continual professional development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
The Social Care Community Partnership
Sussex Health Care