Senior Manager - Youth Programmes
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by MEDIA TRUST
Media Trust is looking for a dynamic, organised, creative and strategic Senior Manager who is happy to hit the ground running and manage multiple programmes and services.
This exciting new role will support the Head of Youth Engagement, overseeing all of Media Trust's youth programmes. You will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of all of our youth programmes, including overall programme and budget management, funder and partner relationships, impact evaluation and quality assurance. You will also contribute to strategic planning and new programme development, working on grant applications and pitching to potential new funders.
Our Youth Engagement team creates and delivers innovative projects and campaigns that empower young people to have a stronger voice. All our youth programmes empower young people creatively by training them to make compelling multimedia content.Through our strong partnerships with the media industry, we are able to arrange for the content made by our young people to reach local and national audiences via platforms such as Together TV, BBC, Evening Standard and ITV News. One of our signature programmes is The Vlogstar Challenge - a video blogging training programme and competition for over 1,000 young people from across London and Essex, in partnership with YouTube, the Evening Standard and the Jack Petchey Foundation. Many of our programmes also give young people the key foundational skills, confidence and access to join the media sector through training, mentoring, networking and work experience opportunities. Breaking Into News is a national talent spotting competition we run with ITN for the next generation of broadcast journalist rising stars while Creativity Works: Multimedia Genius Training is an intensive 10-week boot-camp of high-impact media masterclasses and employment skills training for young Londoners who are not in employment, education or training.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with broad and extensive experience within the youth sector, and the confidence and presence to lead at a senior level. This is a critical and fulfilling role which will give you broad exposure and responsibility and plenty of room to develop and bring your own ideas to work.
Leadership and Management
- Strategic development, implementation and review, ensuring Media Trust's youth programmes are high quality and have high impact
- Input into senior management team meetings
- Manage cross organisational working processes, ensuring clear communications and collaboration on the part of the Youth team with other departments
- Oversee Media Trust's youth programmes ensuring they are innovative and relevant, meeting funders' expectations and being delivered on time and on budget, troubleshooting problems that arise while ensuring KPIs are being monitored, captured and reported
- Line management of a team of project managers and coordinators including conducting regular meetings and one-to-ones with your direct reports
- Oversee the finances for each youth programme, working closely with the Head of Operations on management accounts and programme budgets, with sign-off responsibility for the department
New Programme Development & Outreach
- Support the Head of Youth Media on additional income generation and new programme development
- Develop and maintain relationships with other charities and organisations working with young people, funders and government departments, raising the profile of Media Trust across the youth engagement sector through meetings, networking events and steering groups
Download the Job Description & Person Specification below.
Media Trust exists to help charities and under-represented communities have a stronger voice. We do this through our innovative training programmes and our ability to match good skills with good causes, harnessing skills-based volunteering by media industry professionals. We are also helping the media and creative industry to be more representative of society today by training and mentoring young people from diverse backgrounds to join the sector.