Interim Financial Systems Manager
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
£70,000 - £85,000
We are currently seeking an Interim Financial Systems Manager to work for this leading multi-site retail business during a period of system transformation and business growth.
You will play a key role in managing and maintaining the Financial Systems and all key system interfaces / reporting systems.
Working with teams across the business the role will be involved in a number of ongoing projects ranging from routine upgrades, maintenance, automation, process improvement and streamlining financial processes.
Involvement in projects such as;
• Automation of / improving reconciliation process / Bank posting to Journals etc..
• Development and maintenance of budget and forecast models.
• Automation of manual transactions including design, delivery and implementation of automated processes and interfaces.
• Project management of various finance system initiatives.
• Identify improvements and design / deliver system solutions.
• Responsibility for various financial reporting systems including the likes of Cash flow, Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet.
• Responsible for all financial reporting development, specification, and implementation of new reporting cubes.
• Work closely with IT to maintain the stability of the code structures and underlying data used within reports and data cubes.
• Create and implement process improvements which include testing, validating and documenting change process.
• Provide support to the business for monthly financial close and reporting and annual budget and forecast processes.
• Support end users' needs by providing assistance with report creation/implementation, user training and functionality guidance as needed.
• Periodic review of system functionality design and configuration.
• Analysis, design, development, testing, troubleshooting, documenting, training, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of the financial application environment to meet business needs.
• Previous experience as a Financial Systems Manager / Systems Accountant / Financial Systems Analyst is a prerequisite.
• Ideally you will be a qualified accountant / come from an accounting background and potentially moved into a finance system accounting role, playing a key role in a variety of financial system-related projects, particularly involving system functionality, reporting and automation.
• Excellent IT skills with a strong understanding of financial systems, data sources and financial reports is a prerequisite.
• Experience of Sequel would be advantageous.
Vitae Financial Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy