Programme Design Executive (Healthy Lifestyle)
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We're a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the role:
As our Programme Design Executive (Healthy Lifestyle), you will support the development of new programme materials and initiatives aligned to our strategic plan and Theory of Change, specifically in increasing young people's knowledge of healthy lifestyles. Marrying your knowledge in youth work design and pedagogy, the lived experience and enthusiasm of our volunteers and over a hundred years of experience in delivering skills for life, you will help develop our 6-24 Programme so that it is impactful, relevant and fun.
What will you be doing?
- Support the development of the organisation's theory of change, management of its evaluation and
evolution over time, supporting a programme design function that designs, tests, implements and
evaluates Programme innovations.
- Contribute to a positive and creative tension held between the Programme department and Member
Support department so that continual improvement in Programme quality can be achieved, and
innovations are appropriately transitioned to business as usual.
- Maintain a close understanding of external policy developments and help to influence these where they
are central to the organisation's strategic ambitions
- Work with partners from the voluntary sector, public sector and business community
- Deliver on stretching objectives related to Programme Design, and maintain a complete understanding of
the organisation's strategy and theory of change.
- Support the work of the other Strategy Delivery (Programme) team when required, namely programme
delivery and strategic funding
What we can offer you as our Programme Design Executive (Healthy Lifestyle):
- Subsidised lunch
- Free parking
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
What we are looking for in our Programme Design Executive (Healthy Lifestyle):
- Ability to thrive in a high performing team
- Demonstrable ability to deal with ambiguity and to flourish in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- Ability to co-create and implement effective plans
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage and deliver a diverse workload related
to programme design across a number of projects
- Comfortable supporting and working alongside fixed term capacity resulting from external funding or
- Ability to manage resources (human and financial) in the most effective way
- Knowledge of healthy diet, lifestyles and wellbeing, preferably in a youth context
- Experience of impactful programme design, innovation, quality assurance and measurement aligned to
organisational goals, preferably in a non-formal education setting and at a regional or national level
- Experience of supporting the design and delivery of activities related to the development and learning of
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply' now to become our Programme Design Executive (Healthy Lifestyle).
Contract Type: Fixed Term (12 months)
Hours: 35 per week
Salary: £34,535 (inclusive of OLW)
Closing date: Monday 14th January 2019
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies
The Scouts Association
The Scout Association