Senior Facilities Manager - Southampton
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Hours: 0800 to hr week 1 hour lunch
To ensure compliance with the agreement between company and the client for the delivery of Engineering Services Maintenance and Facilities Services at their site.
The operational management and development of all scoped works and tasks through effective and efficient use and control of resources. The performance, initiatives and achievements emanating from these aims are to be effectively recorded and communicated to company and the clients management.
* Ensure that a culture of Team Working, Task Ownership and Flexible Working is actively encouraged and implemented across the site.
* Effectively communicate the operational management deliverables to all Supervisors, ensuring all issues and problems are reported and managed in a controlled and timely manner.
* Evaluate data and operational performance stats on a monthly basis, ensuring a documented action plan is implemented for any out of line situations.
* Close liaison with the client regarding the status of maintenance operations.
* Conduct a daily meeting with Supervisors on Operational Updates (formal or informal).
* To ensure the commercial viability and growth of the contract is achieved.
* Champion the IMS Quality System and ensure its compliance.
* Ensure a program of initiatives and achievements are maintained and kept on record.
* To attend formal site meetings with the client.
* Initiate the standards and review the forward planning of maintenance activities to ensure adequate manpower loading and effective use of shutdown availability.
* Ensure all aspects of inventory management including the storage of adequate critical spaces.
* Ensure quality performance through auditing of company staff in the performance of their tasks - workmanship, housekeeping and customer satisfaction.
* Operation of emergency response procedure including escalation requirements and liaison.
* Ensure a culture of safe working is developed within the company team and sub contractors.
* Compliance with all aspects of Site Safety & Quality.
* Ensure sub contractor visit controls and responsibilities are undertaken in accordance with specific agreements, works and frequencies, ensuring effective audits and performance reporting.
* Agree to undertake Authorised Person status and associated responsibilities.
* To ensure that technical staff induction and technical training including the delivery of H&S Tool Box Talks are undertaken.
* Conduct staff performance appraisal of direct reports and subsequent training and development requirements.
* Accident investigation, reporting and instigation of corrective actions.
* Ensure compliance with Safe Systems of Work including Permit to Work systems and isolation procedures.
* Via agreed arrangements proactively develop and or, assist the Client in
* Critical plant replacements
* Emergency procedures planning
* Contingency planning
* Strategic review of maintenance techniques, toward-run time and condition based maintenance.
* Continuous review of sub contracted works
* Activity risk assessment
* Integration and Partnership Team Building
* Proven track record of operations management in a hard services FM environment
* Technical background, ideally in an electrical or mechanical discipline
* Good IT skills
* Good interpersonal and customer relationships
* Exceptional presentation and communication skills
* Proven experience in managing a team
* Good command of the English language, both orally and verbally
* Smart, presentable appearance
* Personable and approachable
* Clean, full driving license
* BIFM is desirable
conrad consulting ltd