Grounds Maintenance Operative
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Your new company
Working for an organisation that specialises in providing Lawn Treatment Services.
Your new role
As a crewman with PA1 and PA6 certificates you will be responsible for a professional, high level of service, ensuring customers are kept informed of when you will be attending, what treatments you will be carrying out and when the next treatment is due. You will adhere to the service level agreement at all times. Main duties:
* Maintain contact with the customer before a treatment is carried out to inform them when you will be attending. (call ahead).
* Visit a number of designated customers on a daily basis to apply fertiliser and pesitcides using a variety of hand held spraying and spreading equipment.
* Where possible, inform the customer before any work commences, that you are there. (If the customer is not available then continue with the treatment.).
* At the conclusion of the work, notify the customer that the treatment has been completed and supply the invoice explaining what work has been carried out.
* Inform the customer of the next treatment date.
* Report any issues to the Senior Lawn Advisor.
* Identify any lawn issues and offer any necessary advice on lawn and mowing practice, and any additional treatments which may be required.
* Provide assistance throughout the autumn and winter period using the necessary machinery to aerate and scarify lawns, and remove waste to an acceptable level.
* Maintain a high level of cleanliness and basic maintenance of all machinery at the end of a working period.
* Maintain a high level of cleanliness of company vehicles and ensuring all servicing is completed.
* Maintain the company uniform and replace this when the need arises.
* Ensure a professional and smart appearance at all times.
* Carry out any necessary simple service calls as and when they arise.
* Carry out lawn analysis and quotations as required.
* Support business growth by speaking to potential customers and giving point of sale material as requested.
* Maintain and update stock reports when required.
* Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding lawns, identify most lawn weeds by name and which products work most effectively on them.
* Carry out any other duties that may be considered relevant to the position within the terms of your contract of employment.
Full training will be provided
What you'll need to succeed
Experience working with in Grounds Maintenance would be a benefit but not essential. My client is looking for enthusiastic individuals with good customer service skills. A full UK driving license is also essential.
What you'll get in return
Pay is between £9.00 - £11.00 per hour. This is initially a contract role that will be going permanent.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.