Network Engineer (remote)
Posted on Sep 19, 2022 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Network Engineer will manage all network and security systems across a large-scale enterprise while maintaining the availability and integrity of these systems. Cisco networking and engineering experience is required. Position can be worked remote.
- Maintaining computer networks including, Switching, VPNs, and other physical hardware.
- Assisting with the network integration of multiple companies acquired.
- Understanding of Cloud Networking, GCP and AWS.
- Understanding of enterprise wireless solutions (Cisco, Meraki, Juniper).
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations.
- Effectively managing multiple projects involving installations of infrastructure software and hardware.
- Following the change management process to production systems with regards to physical or system configuration updates.
- Developing and maintaining capacity planning analysis, recommendations and procedures.
- Resolving operational issues through support tickets and alerts from the network and system monitoring tools.
- Maintaining current knowledge, understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to company systems.
- Ensuring global switching and routing consistency and troubleshooting where necessary.
- Configuring, managing and administering Routers, Firewalls, Switches and other IP based communication equipment.
- Coordinating with the other Information Technology team members to build a knowledge base.
- Working with cross-functional organization teams to ensure the coordination of resources for technology projects and that all services have needed information regarding the implementation of technology.
- Creating regular reports, providing the necessary analytics to make technical and business decisions.
- 5+ years as an enterprise Network Engineer w/Datacenter experience.
- 5+ years of Cisco Nexus 7k,9k, Catalyst Routers, Meraki, Firewalls and Switches.
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (eg, IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- SDWAN experience.
- Preferred - CCNE, CCNA, or CCNP.
- Strong communication and execution skills.