Senior Quantity Surveyor - Aviation
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Arcadis
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Manchester - Aviation
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you're an experienced Quantity Surveyor, looking for career development & progression, looking for a new challenge or change completely, and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on.
Join our Aviation team as a Senior Quantity Surveyor and we'll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support & development you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
We are seeking to recruit ambitious Quantity Surveyors to support our Aviation Team at Manchester Airport to work on our design and consultancy projects within their sector. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows within our business.
Overview of Role:
To deliver capital engineering & construction projects for Aviation customers in a safe, efficient, and sustainable manner to facilitate our business plan and objectives.
We support our client's customers from the early stages of project formation by providing development and business plan support, rough-order-of-magnitude (ROM) cost estimates and delivery schedule estimates, to help formalise concepts and support stakeholder management.
As a project progresses we oversee, manage, and support the delivery of projects to agreed cost, quality, and schedule requirements and finally, handover infrastructure that is on time, on budget, and fit for purpose.
- Responsible for liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay, ensuring that all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner.
- To assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity, and can obtain, extract and use existing target price / fixed rates, together with obtaining cost data from industry recognised publications e.g. SPONS & BCIS to price schemes.
- Able to assist in the preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement , presentation of tender and contract documentation, attending interviews, carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report.
- Interfaces with the programme manager, senior project managers, project managers and P6 planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support, to ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with the contract, and meeting the required reporting deadlines.
- Manages a programme of current workload in order that all commissions receive the relevant allocation of resource to efficiently commercially manage them.
- Assess contractor applications, along with any changes, making recommendations, raising payment certificates and preparing general correspondence on behalf of the project managers to ensure that only legitimate payments are certified.
- Liaise with the project managers to review and update the risk registers aligned with any early warnings.
- Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level and supports the project delivery team, maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
- Responsible for managing and reporting change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties.
- Reviews main contractors, including subcontracts, and identifies where clauses are in breach of partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
- Consider alternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity and prepare written arguments from a claimant or defendant perspective, making recommendations to key stakeholders on the preferred option.
What You have to Offer:
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC3 suite.
- Demonstrable track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of Senior Management and Stakeholders
- Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions and reporting findings back to Clients and Internal Stakeholders.
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health, safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: .
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched up to 8%
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service AwardsDiscre
SER (Staffing) Ltd
Prestige Recruitment Group