Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Oxford University Press
The Content Operations team is responsible for coordinating the production of high-quality print and digital publications to schedule and to budget.
We are recruiting for a Manufacturing Controller to support a busy team responsible for the manufacturing of new frontlist print products.
The successful candidate will be joining a friendly and fast-paced team that supports the diversified outsourcing (offshore) programme in Content Operations. Manufacturing Controllers manage the print manufacturing of products, or supervise third-parties doing so, and are responsible for ensuring the cost, quality, and timeliness of the final print product.
- Coordinating the schedules, budgets, and QC of assigned print work to ensure that final print files are on-time, print-ready, and meet quality expectations
- Determining manufacturing specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements and within the parameters of manufacturing agreements
- Resolving problems in collaboration with print suppliers, pre-press suppliers, and internal stakeholders, so that products of appropriate quality are available for the market at the right time and cost
- Monitoring and evaluating print and pre-press supplier performance discrepancies and collaborating with the supplier on solutions
We are seeking innovative and solutions-oriented professionals with high attention to detail. The candidates must also have good print manufacturing, supplier management, and stakeholder management experience.
- Knowledge/experience of litho and digital book production processes
- Able to manage multiple and conflicting priorities and projects at once-possess good decisions on prioritization; and ability to monitor schedules and manage workflow for a high volume of titles
- Supplier performance management skills and experience
- High degree of attention to detail and numerical accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Relationship-builder with an ability to work with various internal stakeholders, up to manager level
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve, and encourage applications from people of all ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.