PA Legal Secretary
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Meyer-Scott Recruitment Services
For: PA Legal Secretary - Agriculture
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07023
Salary: £25,000 plus excellent benefits.
Our client are a well-established leading law firm with four office based in the UK with a global reach via LawExchange International - this position is based at their Cambridge office. The network covers 29 countries in Europe, North and South America, the Asia/Pacific region and the Middle East.
The Cambridge office offers a smart, modern working environment close to the City Centre. Our client offers various benefits such as Working Hours: 9 - 5pm, Holidays - Basic of 22 days. This rises by 1 day in the 3rd year of employment, 2 days in the 4th year and another 2 days in the 5th year so final total is 27 days plus Bank Holidays, Bupa after 2 years, Death in Benefit which is 3 x salary, Group Income Protection Scheme, Eye care scheme and Season ticket
- Provide high grade PA support designated members of the Agricultural Business Unit and secretarial support more widely.
- Preparing and completing as much as possible (including the conflict check) of the Matter opening Form and then making sure the form is completed by the relevant fee earner.
- Preparing client engagement correspondence and ensure it is sent out to the client and then making sure we receive, and if necessary chasing for, the clients signed copy.
- Checking and chasing for ID which is all part of the Matter Opening form process.
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing
- To administer electronic filing and the opening and closing and storage and retrieval of clients files.
- Scanning incoming and outgoing correspondence onto the system.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for despatch.
- Making appointments arranging meetings and maintain an up to date diary for his/her principal.
- Providing support to other PA's as required.
- To attend to clients on behalf of the fee earner both in person and on the telephone and provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standard of client care.
- To ensure confidentially of all the firm's clients documentation and information.
Experience working as a legal PA to a high level with excellent organisational skills.
High grade word processing and audio-typing skills.
Accurate and fast typist.
Knowledge and experience of property work would be an advantage.
Possible experience most likely to help with successful performance of the role.
Previous experience as a legal secretary or experience of working in a professional office, including experience of electronic working.
Working Hours: 9 - 5pm
Holidays - Basic of 22 days. This rises by 1 day in the 3rd year of employment, 2 days in the 4th year and another 2 days in the 5th year so final total is 27 days plus Bank Holidays.
Bupa after 2 years.
Death in Benefit which is 3 x salary.
Group Income Protection Scheme
Eye care scheme