Head of Events - 12 month contract - Phenomenal Not for Profit
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by CASELTON CLARK
A unique opportunity has become available for an experienced professional to join a phenomenal association. This organisation is widely regarded as being an industry leader within their chosen sector and prides itself on providing expert advice and support through a variety of channels including events.
In this role, you would take the lead for the planning, reviewing and delivery of a strong portfolio of well loved events as well as growing and developing and nurturing new events. The events are exciting, varied and dynamic with huge growth potential. The organisation is known for its supportive and down to earth atmosphere and passion for producing high quality event experiences.
This role would be perfect for someone who is highly experienced in fund-raising and organising events within the not for profit sector and looking for an exciting new challenge in a vibrant and fast paced industry.
* Plan lead and further develop an annual calendar of events including networking, social, sporting and partnership events
* Work closely with other departments such as the partnerships and marketing teams to ensure seamless delivery of the events and to ensure maximum engagement
* Strategy - manage and provide strategic direction for the events working closely with internal departments
* Be creative - always be looking for exciting new opportunities and event formats to maximise attendee engagement and revenue on new and existing events and ensure the attendee experience is phenomenal
* This role is a very hands on operational position that is perfect for someone who loves the event management element of their role but also working strategically on the portfolio
* Financial management and budget responsibility across the portfolio
* Manage the operations team to ensure operational excellence at the event including budget management, supplier management and contracts, risk, quality, and data recording
* Set clear objectives for each event in order to deliver against targets (fund-raising or engagement)
To be considered:
* The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' experience working in operations in the not-for-profit sector
* You will have worked on a broad range of events - large scale as well as smaller more bespoke events
* Have strong leadership, event planning and fund-raising skills
* Have strong interpersonal skills and have experience managing relationships at different levels
* Be an experienced people manager
Does this sound like something that could be of interest to you?
If so, please let me know the best time/number to catch you on & discuss it in more detail