Operational Data Analyst
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Great Bear
Great Bear - Chesterfield
This is a new role to the business. The role will focus on supporting the Markham Vale 1 site. The role reports directly into the site General Manager. There is vast amounts of data available to the Markham Vale 1 Senior Management Team. The purpose of this role is to take this data, which will cover warehousing, stock control, transport and finance; collate, compare, analyse and present in an engaging manner to enable the depots Senior Management to make effective decisions based on solid data interpretation. This will ultimately enable the depot to operate more efficiently.
* Great Bear is a leading 3PL UK logistics business providing nationwide dedicated and shared user warehousing and distribution solutions for international blue chip clients. Managing over 6 million sq ft of warehousing space and operating over 300 commercial vehicles, Great Bear has built a reputation within the industry as a modern and innovative operator. Founded in 1994, Great Bear has enjoyed 22 years of continuous growth, with turnover set to exceed £160m in 2017. Now part of the Culina Group, further significant future growth is forecasted due to a number of exciting opportunities within the expanded ambient division.
Markham Vale 1
* The Markham Vale 1 (MV1) site is located just off Junction 29a of the M1. The site has been in operation for coming up to 2 years. The site size is c.480k square feet. The warehouse is fully racked with over 100k pallet positions. The onsite transport function operate a fleet of our own vehicles as well as subbies. Located about a mile away from MV1 we have our sister site MV2 - the 2 buildings are identical but with slightly different warehouse configurations.
* to establish strong relationships with those in the organisation who generate the data to enable effective and efficient sharing of information
* to implement a data analysis approach that provides a telling insight into the business combining data from multiple sources, that promotes discussion and action amongst GB Senior Management, potentially using tools such as Power BI or SAP Analytics Cloud
* present the data having analysed it in clear, simple and insightful ways
* build a strong link with Senior Management and their teams to ensure that there are no overlaps or gaps with their work on effectiveness data.
* Manage and develop the existing suite of reports
* Design, maintain and automate data reports with actionable insights to stakeholders internally and externally
* Continuously strive to ensure analysis and reporting provides clear actionable insights, which effectively communicate information and drive informed decisions
* Support different stakeholders in interpreting data and analysing results
* Identify different data sources, extract, transform and manipulate data, and ensure database data structures evolve to keep pace with the requirements
* enthusiasm for data management and analysis
* strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* strong analytical mind and attention to detail
* proven critical thinker with the ability to detect trends and patterns within data
* evidence of contributing to continuous improvement and fostering a creative approach to problem solving
* knowledge of operational analysis in a business context
* experience of presenting data in an engaging and effective way to both internal and external customers
* time management skills to ensure deadlines are consistently achieved
* interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with those who generate operational data.
* The appropriate candidate should have been exposed to gathering and analysing large and complex datasets with Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL or equivalent
* Candidate must have exceptional communication skills as well as the ability to simplify complex theory / equations for internal and external customers
* 2+ years experience in a similar Data Analyst role
* Experience of Business Intelligence tools, e.g. Power BI
* Attention to detail; to quality check own work and assess source data quality
* GSCE Mathematics - Minimum B
* Ability to code in Microsoft VBA - primarily for Excel
* Previously worked in a distribution/warehouse environment
* demonstrable process mapping and improvement skills to ensure efficient and repeatable generation of analysed data in a timely fashion.
Areas of Role Growth:
* This is a new role to the Great Bear site structures - this is an excellent opportunity as demonstrable success in this role will enable progression to wider business implementation.
Nigel Frank International
Elevation Recruitment Group