M&E Quantity Surveyor - Stansted - Aviation
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Arcadis
MEP Cost Consultant - Stansted Airport
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you're an experienced MEP Cost Consultant and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our Cost & Commercial team as a MEP Cost Consultant and we'll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
We are seeking to locate a career minded MEP Cost Consultant working as part of the Cost & Commercial team to undertake MEP Cost Consultant duties, which will enable effective management and delivery of the programme and its sub-packages.
It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
Our team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with our blue-chip clients in the Aviation sector delivering their most important projects.
Overview of Role:
- Working as part of the Cost & Commercial team to undertake MEP Cost Consultant duties, which will enable effective management and delivery of the Stansted Airport Transformation programme and its sub-packages
- Production of cost estimates for each RIBA stage design.
- Review and agree Contractors Proposals.
- Review Contractors cost submission and agree contract sum.
- The production of contract documentation and purchase orders.
- The monthly production of cost reports to inform the client of the project's commercial status.
- The management and documentation of change control.
- The production and agreement of final account documentation.
- The production of Interim and final payments aligned to the NEC contract payment cycle.
- Reporting to Senior team members and/or clients and stakeholders.
- Provide advice, in conjunction with the central contracts team to the individual project team on contract related matters.
- Liaise with the Central Risk Team and senior managers on any significant project risks or issues.
- Liaising with external contractors and consultants, project team, Programme Management Office, Project Managers, Procurement, Finance, Cost and Commercial Managers, Client Team members, etc. as required to undertake the role.
- Use own knowledge and experience, combined with research of industry best practice, to analyse existing processes and policies and both suggest and implement improvements.
What You have to Offer:
- Ability to work as an integrated team member
- Procurement knowledge of construction contracts under a Principal Contractor, Designer or Consultant delivery approach.
- Knowledge of NEC form of contract and the ability to manage contract administration, including contract communications, change control, variation/compensation event assessment, valuation/certification; contract remedies and contract close.
- Project management knowledge including programme and project management methods and practices to work with the wider team manage and resolve threats to delivery.
Key Qualifications / Experience Requirements
- Capable of taking a project through from inception to completion (essential)
- Relevant professional qualification or chartered status (preferable)
- CSCS card holder (preferable)
- MEP delivery experience (essential)
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction of a staff member.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (essential)