Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
£28,000 - £30,000
Your new company
A local authority located in North Kent which provide services to over 95,000 people in the community along with 3,000 businesses. Such services include Rubbish and recycling, Parking and roads, Benefits - Housing and Council Tax, Elections and voting, Business, Housing, Licensing, Community and leisure, Environment and more.
Your new role
Primarily working in a team of 4, you will report into the Principal Accountant although you will also be the main the point of contact for other service managers. You will play a key role within the team with a focus on key financial processes of budgeting, monitoring and preparation of final accounts. Other tasks including finance functions for the onsite theatre, election expenses, environmental health budget and other related duties.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in the preparation of management accounts or assisting ideally within Public Finance although this is not essential.
- AAT Qualified or equivalent.
- Easy going with great communication skills both verbally and written
- Good Microsoft software skills particularly EXCEL i.e. VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables
What you'll get in return
- 28 days holiday
- Flexible hours on offer
- Excellent benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Crossways Recruitment Ltd