Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Liverpool City Council
Children and Young People's Services require a Contract Manager with responsibility for the management of a range of contracts across children and young people's services ensuring effective performance monitoring and evaluation to inform future commissioning needs.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or hold an equivalent qualification or have significant experience in a related area, coupled with experience in a local government, preferably Children's Service's or a partner agency. A Knowledge of commissioning processes and functions and excellent negotiation and influencing skills are essential.
Candidates are required to have:
Experience of working strategically with other departmental and council staff, as well as with other agencies including health and education
- Experience of working in a performance culture - including planning, target setting and achievement
- Experience and knowledge of financial monitoring, finance systems and the Procurement and contracting process
- Experience of project management and record of delivering complex projects on time
- A good understanding of the role of good quality data, information intelligence and analysis to support the commissioning process
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex commissioning issues, information and data to inform the commissioning process
Why work in Liverpool:
- World class culture, media and sport offers
- One of the world's most distinctive and creative cities, in top 40 visitor destinations in the world
- European Capital of Culture in 2008 - massive range of events planned for 2019 celebrations
- Visitor economy £4.3bn, welcomed over 62m visitors and supports over 51,500 jobs
- World Heritage Site and home to the world's largest harbour
Our vision for children, young people and families is: All our children and young people enjoy the best possible quality of life and reach their full potential
The new Director and his team are committed to supporting and motivating an experienced, stable and skilled workforce to ensure we deliver this vision for our children and families.