Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by ZSL London Zoo
ZSL is seeking a Governance Officer to join our Legal, Governance and Risk Management team. This is a post which provides an opportunity for the right individual to shape and develop the role to maximise governance support to ZSL's Council of Trustees and the Executive Committee (amongst others).
Position: Governance Officer
Hours: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: £28,073 p.a. (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: ZSL London Zoo, Regents Park, NW1 4RY
We're ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we're working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering - working for wildlife.
The role will include managing registers and databases, assisting with regulatory filings, helping with production and management of meeting papers, taking and preparing minutes, and liaising with colleagues across the charity to follow up actions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of agendas, presentations and meeting papers, including print production and timely distribution and chasing papers for meetings;
- Checking papers to ensure that the correct information is being reported;
- Manage the extensive annual meetings calendar;
- Arrange the booking of conference rooms, video conference facilities, refreshments and liaising with meeting attendees, both internal and external;
- Take minutes and circulate these after the meeting;
- Keeping abreast of best practice in Governance and updating the team accordingly;
- Manage registers and databases
- Work with the Legal, Governance and Risk Management Team to prepare trustee training and induction;
- Assist with regulatory filings;
- Be responsible for board and committee membership, including vacancies and appointments, and helping to ensure that this is done in line with the applicable Terms of Reference; and
- Work with the team to facilitate and undertake periodic review of Terms of Reference and other relevant governance documents
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, effective communicator
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, develops and maintains relationships with others and maintains a professional impression.
- Strong organisational skills
- Good timekeeping skills and ability to work to (and meet) deadlines
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the Head of Legal, Governance, and Risk Management. The post will be based at ZSL's offices in Regents Park, London. Having a "can do attitude", solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure will make you a success in this role.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 13th January 2018.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the job description and complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
ZSL kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.
Institute on Statelessness and Inclusion