UNICEF - Charity Fundraising Regional Manager (South West)
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by UNICEF
40 hours per week
£28k - £32k pa (depending on experience) plus Performance Related Pay
Salary based pay with 28 days holiday
Unicef UK has an exciting opportunity for a South-West Regional Manager to be part of global team of humanitarians, influencers and fundraisers on the ground for children. Whether living under siege in Syria, suffering from life-threatening malnutrition in East Africa, or at risk of deadly but preventable diseases like polio and malaria, we are there for children in danger in more than 190 countries.
Unicef are the world's leading organisation working for children. We ensure more of the world's children are fed, vaccinated, educated and protected than anyone else. We've done more to influence laws and policies to help protect children than any other organisations. We get things done.
As part of our successful and growing in-house fundraising campaign, we want you to play your part in making a safer world for children.
As the South-West Regional Manager you'll be working as part of our growing in-house fundraising programme overseeing our established Bristol Team with potential to expand into other regions. Working with the National Deputy Fundraising Manager and National In-House Manager, you'll be helping us recruit high quality regular supporters for Unicef UK that can make a lasting difference for children around the world.
You'll be driving industry-leading results whilst maintaining a supporter focused fundraising culture, by monitoring and supporting the performance of the Brighton and London street fundraising teams. You'll also be supporting the recruitment and development of fundraisers and team leaders through training and coaching and have ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the South-West regional operation, including site management and logistics.
This is a hands-on role primarily based in the field with your fundraising teams. Initially you'll be working with two teams with a remit to grow and expand the South-West region, supporting your teams by fundraising alongside them, conducting regular one-to-ones and deputising for team leaders when required.
- Ensuring effective performance of the South-West street fundraising operation, including meeting campaign targets for volume, quality and donor attrition.
- Creating and delivering weekly workshops in regions to drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Recruiting and developing fundraisers and team leaders alongside our Field Operations Manager (FOM). Working with our recruitment partner Inspired People and the National Deputy Fundraising Manager to identify best-in-class fundraisers and team leaders and support their induction training and provide ongoing coaching in the field.
- Leading your team to meet daily, weekly and monthly campaign targets, including fundraising alongside your team to recruit high quality regular supporters through Direct Debit and Regular Mobile Giving
- Monitoring campaign KPIs and results, including volume, APH, average gift, Gift Aid, attrition, complaint rates, mystery shopping and supporter feedback
- Conducting regular scheduled performance reviews of fundraisers and team leaders alongside the National Deputy Fundraising Manager and supporting individuals by identifying areas for development
- Working with the National Deputy Fundraising Manager our dedicated and dedicated sites consultant to identify and evaluate street fundraising sites.
- Administrative duties including payroll, travel and expenses and booking accommodation where necessary.
- Ensure your team is fully compliant and works to best practise by keeping up to date with industry regulation such as the Code of Fundraising Practise, helping protect and maintain best-in-class experiences for supporters.
- Contributing towards the development of innovative new supporter propositions including the use of virtual reality and experiential fundraising, and explore fundraising opportunities in new channels and payment methods
- Passionate about children's rights and humanitarian issues with a desire to secure and safeguard a better world for children everywhere
- Experience in the face-to-face fundraising sector, including minimum 1 year experience fundraising and leading teams
- Experience of motivating and coaching teams of fundraisers
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- A strong understanding of ethical fundraising and a supporter focused approach
- Flexibility to occasionally work unusual hours including travelling and overnight stays
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Full UK Driver's License
- £28k - £32k pa (depending on experience)
- Performance related bonus scheme.
- Salary based pay with 28 days holiday
Ongoing training and opportunities for tailored career development
Clarion Housing Group Limited