Membership & Visitor Welcome Supervisor
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by NATIONAL TRUST
We've got a fantastic opportunity to work with our Membership and Welcome team, helping them to deliver excellent service, and a professional welcome to every visitor, every day. You'll ensure your team are informative, engaging and know how to promote our membership, helping us deliver our challenging membership targets.
This is a part time role where you'll be working 1400 hours per year; the role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
In this role you'll be working across both Melford Hall and Lavenham Guildhall - further details will be discussed at interview stage.
What it's like to work here
Melford Hall is a surprising Country House. Set on the village green in Long Melford, it has a fascinating history ranging from Medieval Monastic Estate to a still lived in family home. The stories it shares with us are of changing tastes, survival against adversity, naval adventures on the high seas and family life.
Lavenham Guildhall sits at the heart of the community in Lavenham and charts over 500 years of changing village life. A local committee is in place to assist in the management of the Guildhall.
What you'll be doing
Visitors are a vital part of what we do. As a charity, every penny we raise goes back into our continued conservation of our places and spaces. As the supervisor for the membership and visitor welcome team, support our Membership & Visitor Welcome Manager in supervising and motivating the Visitor Welcome Team. You'll support the Manager in driving performance by increasing the number and quality of membership recruitment, increasing Gift Aid on Entry and improving Lavenham Guildhall's and Melford Hall's overall provision service.
You'll lead the team by example and help to drive the team to make the most of all opportunities to increase income in fundraising and to help trial new ways of working. You'll help coach and motivate the team to ensure a high standard of customer service. You'll be responsible for the presentation of the visitor reception and making sure the team is always aware of what's happening at the property that your visitors can enjoy. As a team, you'll tell your visitors about the amazing work we do and what their money is funding.
In this role, you'll be required to take part on a roster to provide daily cover as a key point of contact for escalation of emergency and security issues or customer complaints. You'll form part of our Duty Management rota at the two properties, you'll also serve on the Property Incident Management Group for Melford Hall - further details will be discussed at interview.
Who we're looking for
In order to be successful in this role, you'll need to have:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience of working in a retail or tourism environment
- Ability to supervise, inspire and motivate a team
- Confidence working with sales and membership targets
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- Initiative and ability to work alone
- Recruiting and training new team members
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership at over 100 leisure facilities across the country
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our Retail and Food & Beverage outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking