Business Development Manager
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Mears
Mears Housing Management operates across the UK, managing more than 12,000 homes working in partnership with central and local government, registered providers, landlords and investors to create funding and delivery models that enable us to develop valuable, bespoke housing solutions.
To create new models for homes and management services. We combine the best of both the public and private sectors which continues to open up many opportunities to grow within the company.
As a Business Development Manager you will work collaboratively with the Business Development team to deliver successful mobilisation of newacquisitions, whilst mitigating operational and commercial risk to ensure service delivery excellence.
You will be responsible for all aspects of project viability assessment and mobilization. The main objective being to ensure acquisitions are commercially viable and able to meet their contractual and operational requirements at "go live". Due-diligence and commercial evaluation of opportunities with effective communication, risk assessment and mitigation and management of change will be a significant part of this role
- Carrying out detailed market research on Mears Housing Management sectors (Homelessness, Care, Market Rented and Affordable).
- Drafting detailed analytical reports on the results of the market research for review by senior colleagues and key external stakeholders.
- Managing the completion of compelling tenders submissions (SQs, ITT and subsequent negotiations), managing all work-streams as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with key internal Mears Group teams such as the Pre-Qualification and Bid teams.
- Supporting Mears Housing Management growth plans through effective new business / contractual negotiations, with a focus on achieving agreed revenue and profit targets.
- Managing the production of new business and service improvement proposals for existing and potential customers.
- Monitoring the market to obtain, analyse relevant market opportunities and intelligence.
- Provide support to the Business Development Director to delivering Mears Housing Management and Mears Group projects.
As a Development Manager at Mears you'll demonstrate experienced of successful contract mobilisation is key. Bringing excelled motivational leadership and management skills will impact the success of your team. Worked within a customer focused environment with a clinical approach that focuses on meeting and exceeding expectations.
We recognise people as our greatest asset so we invest heavily in training our people and we are committed to providing them with the skills and equipment to deliver a great service. We measure our performance to drive further improvements we have recently celebrated our 30th anniversary and although our business has changed over the years all Mears employers are still bound by a common set of behaviours we call this the Red Threads and it runs in in our DNA.
We offer a flexible working environment and competitive benefit package with the role.
If you believe you are the right candidate please click APPLY to submit your application.
Mears Internal Recruitment will be in touch if you are successful with your application.
Strictly No Agencies.