Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by 360 RESOURCING SOLUTIONS
Our Client is a vibrant and growing charity delivering life changing nautical adventure for young people through them to give the best possible head start in life. They also provide personal and professional development opportunities for seafarers with the Society. Working with their staff, cadets and volunteers, they have built a vision and five-year strategy to take them forward and further improve the astounding contribution already made through their work to the lives of thousands of young people and seafarers, while fully supporting their volunteers who are vital to their success.
About the Development Worker role
You will work closely with other delivery partners and with local staff, volunteers and young people to:
- Recruit and help develop new adult volunteers;
- Recruit more young people to participate in their activities;
- Provide 'on the ground' support to help units develop capability and capacity for the longer term
- Set up new Sea Cadet units in local priority areas;
- Co-ordinate PR across Scottish and Sea Cadet Units to maximise the Sea Cadets' profile;
What they're looking for in their Development Worker
- Experience of recruiting volunteers, strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Ability to deal with a wide range of stakeholders
- A flexible approach to work and working patterns is also a must
This is an exciting and rewarding role, partly funded by external partners who are committed to widening young people's opportunities to take part in challenging and developmental activities. The role presents a real opportunity to make a difference, particularly in areas of high deprivation.
If you would like to join their team as their new Development Worker then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, they'd love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: 10th January 2019
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.