Assistant Estate Manager
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by FirstPort
Location: Edenbridge, Kent
Job Sector: Retirement - Assisted Living
Hours: Sunday's 8.00am - 4.00pm (7 hours per week)
As an Assistant Estate Manager you will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Providing an efficient, cost effective management service to our customers
- Achieving high standards of performance within a team of individuals to create a welcoming, friendly and courteous environment within the development
- Effectively and professionally manage the development while providing a safe, secure and well maintained environment to customers
You will currently be working within or have experience of a customer service environment and have a passion for providing an exceptional level of customer service at all times, ideally in a face to face environment.
Warm and friendly communication comes naturally to you, and you are able to resolve issues and any complaints effectively to the customers complete satisfaction quickly and efficiently.
You have experience of challenging and/or emergency situations and always remain calm and take the necessary actions with a high standard of professionalism. Health and safety is of great importance to you, and you have experience of performing daily checks and keeping accurate records to ensure everything is kept on track.
You are self-motivated and pro-active, you enjoy working independently but also enjoy having other supportive colleagues you can build relationships with at regular team meetings.
You are IT savvy and are confident in using laptops / tablets and are fluent in the different MS packages.
Your ideal role will be a varied one, where you're not stuck behind a desk all day; You enjoy working with people and helping to make a difference to enhance their lifestyle on a day to day basis.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
- Maintain a high profile around the development / office, ensure our residents are checked within our requirements.
- In the event of an emergency, call the appropriate response team or authorities.
- Carry out daily checks ensuring the building is safe and secure, keeping all communal areas, gardens and grounds clean and maintained through effective management of contractors.
- Be responsible for all works being completed, raising orders, managing contractors, monitoring progress and signing off completion.
- Arrange cover for holidays and illness where necessary
- Help build a sense of community by encouraging and supporting a Social Committee to plan and run social events for all residents.
- Build and maintain links with residents family members, local authorities; Doctors, Social Workers, Health Authority etc as required and appropriate.
- Maintain records in line with internal procedures, ensure all data is protected and kept secure at all times.
- Assist in the sale and re-sale of property via estate agents, make new residents feel welcome and help them settle in; where possible being present to welcome them.
EASYWEB NFP RECRUITMENT