Senior Risk and Compliance Manager
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
You will support Regulation and Control ensuring the risk and compliance related aspects of their business are effectively managed, balancing customer, commercial, regulatory and legal requirements in line with our clients mutual values.
As a Senior Risk and Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Monitoring and maintain adequate and appropriate compliance systems and risk controls to ensure that the firm meets its regulatory requirements.
* Leading the delivery of regulatory change projects or work streams.
* Conducting regulatory gap analysis across the organisational, and defining and executing roadmaps to achieve regulatory risk and compliance objectives
* Oversee the risk and compliance plan for the company to ensure it is managed in accordance with the company objectives.
* Supporting the business in evaluating the operational / conduct / customer risk implications of change proposals and programmes, proactively working with teams to provide guidance and direction in relation to regulatory, conduct, legal and internal control matters.
* Monitoring of change agenda to ensure that the business adheres to the risk related processes within the change management cycle.
* Work with stakeholders, directly and through the compliance team to propose and agree actions required to mitigate key risks
* Working with relevant experts (e.g. Regulatory Development, Regulatory Change, Compliance, and Insurance Product Managers) to identify material future changes which may impact the business; supporting communication / co-ordination of related change activity as appropriate.
* Working with the Risk team in supporting continual assessment of the operational risks associated with the business, taking account of external market / economic / regulatory developments.
* Supporting teams in ensuring that the key controls mitigating the risks for which they are responsible are clearly articulated and managed, primarily with a change lens and the implications of those initiatives, but also more broadly where appropriate / applicable.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
* Strong technical background of FCA regulatory requirements across General Insurance
* Establish, develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders,
* Proven track record of Risk Management or Compliance experience, including Operational and Conduct Risk
* Change management experience with a delivery mind-set
* Good background and understanding of Insurance products and industry including knowledge and understanding of Insurance Risks
* Good Communication and stakeholder management skills
* Collaborative, team player with strong diplomacy skills
* Pragmatic, with the ability to make decisions balancing risk, commercial considerations and customer impact
In return you can expect a very £competitive salary, amazing career and personal development programs and a culture that any employer in this sector will be hard pressed to beat