Financial Accountant - Part/fully Qualified
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
The Shared Services team in Bristol have circa 150 employees, and the Assistant Accountant will work for the UK/CIA & Mortgage Servicing Financial Accounting Managers.
Main Purpose of the Role
The individual will be responsible for preparation of accurate monthly management accounts and year-end statutory accounts on a timely basis, for their allocated legal entities.
The individual will be responsible for working with the external audit team to ensure timely completion of statutory and group reporting audits.
The individual will be responsible for ensuring they comply with the corporate playbooks requirements.
Other responsibilities may include financial analysis and other management and business unit reporting.
* Accurate and timely completion of legal entity and business unit monthly management accounts
* Accurate and timely completion of annual statutory accounts
* Daily and weekly financial accounting processes
* Understanding new processes and maintaining comprehensive and up to date process documentation
* Understanding and implementation of financial controls
* Communication and knowledge sharing within the Financial Accounting and wider Financial Control and Finance teams
* Work with the Business Control team to understand trends and ensure that the accounting records are correct from a business unit perspective in addition to a legal entity perspective
* Support the Finance managers and Senior Financial Accountants with ad hoc requests and reporting.
The individual will;
* Be a part qualified accountant, with strong analytics, a detail focused approach and a developing technical comprehension including an increasing understanding of new UK GAAP and IFRS;
* Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
* Part qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA or AAT dependant on practical experience)
* Advanced Excel skills (to include Vlookups and pivot tables)
* Previous experience working within a Finance team
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* High attention to detail
* Excellent organisational skills
* Excellent communication skills with a strong command of both written and verbal English
Desirable Skills, Experience and Competencies
* Experience of Epicor and Hyperion systems
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy