Assistant Head of Finance
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
Based in Farnham - Salary Circa £33,000
NB. This is not the full job spec, however the full spec will be shared with suitable candidates
We are looking for candidates that have exposure of working in a senior role within finance, working knowledge of QA and reporting as well as auditing experience.
The role will be paying c£33,000 and we are looking to fill the role ASAP.
The Quality Audit & Control role is both a hands on & quality auditing role within the team promoting process and controls through efficiencies & improvements whilst at the same time providing cover for & alleviating HOF & CFD workload. The position underpins and aligns the entire division (Finance, Data Systems, FRS & Tax) ensuring compliance, consistency and accuracy in all teams & bridges the skill gap between Management & Team Heads.
Principal Responsibilities for the Assistant Head of Finance
Commercial and Customer Service
*Operational Efficiencies, Audit & Due Diligence
* Awareness of the changing needs and requirements of the department and actioning necessary changes.
* Standard Work & Process control & Improvements across all teams. Promoting further, ongoing & continuous improvements across the division & external departments
* Training of staff on the bespoke software system and any new processes
Knowledge required for the Assistant Head of Finance
* Reconciliations & Management Accounts (CIMA or ACA PQ or time barred)
* Lean Management (preferably Six Sigma Green Belt)
* Maintain a good level of understanding and knowledge of our Group's products and services
Essential skills/knowledge and experience required for the Assistant Head of Finance:
* Analytical and logical problem solving skills with meticulous attention to detail
* Audit, review & control through Lean Management
* Excellent IT skills - Microsoft Excel and an ability to use & interrogate complex bespoke systems
Desirable skills/knowledge and experience required for the Assistant Head of Finance:
* Service Industry Experience
* Previous 2 years+ Management Accounts
* Experience of working with HMRC
Hours of Work for the Assistant Head of Finance:
* Hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch (Mon-Thurs) and 8.30am - 5.00pm with 30 minutes for lunch (Fri)
* 20 days holiday, increasing by 1 day per year to a maximum of 25 days
For further information regarding this Assistant Head of Finance role, please call Andy at Contact Point Resourcing
Nurse Plus UK