Mortgage Underwriter - Equity Release
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
As a Mortgage underwriter you will need be a highly motivated individual with the confidence to be active in promoting good working relationships with customers and colleagues alike, to create a fun, hardworking delivery focused environment, where there is the opportunity for everyone to participate in its success.
The ideal Mortgage Underwriter candidate will have strong inter-personal skills with a can-do attitude and will be a confirmed self-starter who is committed to meeting deadlines whilst maintaining quality of decisions.
* Able in the medium term, to work towards a lending mandate and to underwrite mortgage applications in accordance with lending policy.
* Operate as a team player within the New Business department and wider Company to ensure that all service standards and targets are consistently delivered.
* Support and help deliver underwriter training, coaching and mentoring to other team members as required.
* Operate in accordance with all required regulatory requirement treating customers fairly.
* Identify and report events and suspicion in line with Anti-Money Laundering legislation and procedures.
* Understand and operate to the Company complaints procedure at all times
* Ensure all work is undertaken to a first-class standard by adopting a right first time attitude and approach.
* Ensure effective communication with internal and external customers, and third parties.
* Give guidance and support to Intermediaries, assist Intermediaries and applicants with queries, challenges, and appeals and to clarify Company requirements.
* Objectively review own and others underwriting decisions in light of challenge/ appeal or new information being provided and be prepared to recommend a revised decision if appropriate
* Support the Operations Manager by demonstrating daily the proactive planning, management of workloads and recommendation of process improvement changes where appropriate.
* Manage and maintain relevant MI as required to manage own performance and as requested by the management team.
* Maintain and review a comprehensive set of measures on quantity and quality of applications received
* Develop and maintain the ability, after training, to competently operate and navigate through all IT systems required to undertake the job role
* Ensure quality of data is accurate and not compromised in a busy environment
Skills / Experience / Knowledge:
* An experienced mortgage underwriter of a minimum of 2 years preferably with an equity release mortgage lender.
* Must have up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment in the UK
* Tactful communication skills.
* A strong commitment to customer service
* Ability to manage conflicting and demanding clients and priorities
* Excellent attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Mortgage Underwriter who has experience of equity release, to join a well established, growing, professional organisation.
Salary: circa £42,000 (doe)
First Recruitment Services are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of this vacancy