Claims Handler - House Insurance
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire
Salary: £16K - £18K, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent, some weekend work included
We are looking for Claims Handlers to join our household claims team in Eastleigh!
We always look for ways to help our customers when they make a claim; delivering the most appropriate solutions to make things easier, not harder, when they're already having a stressful time. This makes working in our claims team a more satisfying and rewarding experience. As a Claims Handler you'll listen carefully to our customers, finding out what's important to them throughout their claim so the solutions we provide will fit their individual needs. This role will involve some weekend work.
As well as the customer, you'll talk to our network of suppliers and relevant third parties to provide a high-quality claims service that's continuously improving. You'll decide on liability; making sure we comply with all regulatory and internal controls. You'll have the freedom and support to make decisions on a wide variety of Household Claims ranging from the relatively small and simple to the larger, more complex situations (up to £10,000 in value). Our emphasis on quality means that from the moment a customer calls to make a claim you will be giving them all the time, care and attention needed at the time they need it most, whilst demonstrating excellent cost control skills.
To be successful in this Claims Handler role you're likely to be:
* Working within insurance/financial services can be helpful, but it's by no means essential; we're especially interested in your initiative and customer service skills.
* You're the sort of person who will take what you have learned about the customer's needs and apply common sense and creative thinking to find a solution that works well for the customer.
* You'll be given full training initially, with ongoing support and development in the live team environment which means you'll have confidence in being able to make the right decisions.
* Whatever your background, you'll know what good quality customer service feels like, and you work with your team to make sure the customer feels they are supported and have access to practical help as you guide them through their claim.
* You'll be able to adapt to and embrace change in our constantly evolving environment.
Here's some of the perks our Claims Handlers' tell us they enjoy:
* We pay and support in achieving the industry recognised Chartered Insurance Institute qualifications.
* Ongoing training is provided in helping support career development such as moving up the career ladder into senior and management roles or moving across functions into our support areas like IT, Marketing or HR.
* Starting with 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, the option is there to buy or sell 5 days holiday and holiday rises to 25 days after 3 years service.
* Our people are able to pay for a car lease at a discounted rate through their monthly pay.
* We offer a large range of health options like dental plans, healthcare plans, life assurance and free eye tests.
* We double the pension payments that employees make.
* We have a wide range of wellbeing and social activities - you'll find a full calendar all year round!
* Our people also enjoy discounts with a wide range of retailers and gyms.
* We have also introduced our "Dress for Your Day" policy which means you have the option of what to wear depending on what your day holds
About this Company:
We're an award-winning, international insurer with key markets in Europe and Asia and go back a fair bit too - almost 200 years. Fast-forward to today and we're proud to be one of Europe's top 20 insurance companies. Our UK team of 4,000, stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our most important people - our customers. We're recognised for our excellent insurance cover and being easy and straightforward to deal with.
Plus, we understand the need for choice, which is why our insurance can be bought with us directly, and through aggregator sites as well as through our broker relationships and our leading partnership brands. We have around 5 million customers and have a first-class attitude when it comes to being there for them when they need us most. Don't just take our word for all this though.
We've scooped a Gold Standard Insurance Award for the last nine years running which speaks volumes about our dedicated teams across our UK offices based in London, Manchester, Stoke, Gloucester, Eastleigh, Bournemouth and Port Solent.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this Claims Handler opportunity in Eastleigh, click "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please