Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
• To provide a high level of alarm management & control, analysing the information from the Control systems, working with the schedulers on staff call out & coordination to deliver a prompt response to alarms and alerts.
• To provide accurate, timely and concise information in accordance with company standards and statutory requirements to Southern Water, Service Providers, Contractors and other Stakeholders.
• Work collaboratively with the schedulers in the management of incidents and other faults reported, ensuring the best use of available resource and workforce.
• Responsible for the coordination, review and approval of short notice planned work (SCO's) arising from events, including the coordinated implementation of action plans, working closely with the Duty Manager & Network Management Coordinator in the implementation of emergency plans and resources to incidents.
• Develop and maintain a good understanding of all technology-based solutions used (Scope X, Ellipse, Work Planner, CTrack etc), all operational processes and best practice guidelines and service targets for the various activities performed by the field workforce within the jobholders geographic remit.
• Assist the Duty Manager in setting up an Incident Room / Command Centre during times of disruption.
• To set customer expectations by keeping customers informed of the progress of their enquiry via telephone contact
Key skills/knowledge/qualifications/experience: Skills Thrives and delivers professionally in a high pressurised environment, has the ability to analyse a range of trends, data and information, prioritise work and make robust judgements.
A Controller will hold a strong attention to detail and be resilient when faced with a series of key decisions. Will be an exemplar of excellent customer service and will hold the ability to process multiple sources of information and form a sound judgement. Is able to assess risk and implement corrective actions, with a strong analytical approach.
Personal and Interpersonal Skills Ability to work effectively as part of a team, holds strong communication skills, has the ability to influence non-direct reports / contractors to carry out tasks safely and professionally. Possesses the character of remaining calm and effective in stressful situations. Holds excellent organisational skills with multiple resources.
Technical Knowledge of operational systems and procedures for interrogating alarm information. Holds a good level of IT literacy and holds excellent analytical skills. Expert in SCOPE X / Telemetry Alarm systems. Commercial Effectiveness and Business Expertise Understanding of the operational / infrastructure environment within Water & Waste Water.
Has the commercial awareness of costs / charges of suppliers / contractors in order to aid the implementation of effective solutions (overpumping vs. tankering) Risk & Compliance Ability to quickly analyse multiple sources of information and make sound business decisions based on assessment of risk and potential impact. To have a good knowledge of compliance requirements both with Water & Waste Water.
An awareness of OFWAT, DWI & EA and other regulatory requirements. Identify any potential or actual compliance / pollution / water quality risk and determine appropriate course of action. Business Systems Previous operational experience in either Water / Waste Water role is desirable. Experience in Control Centre environments and operational systems (such as SCOPE X, Ellipse, CSMS & Mapping)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application
Nolan Recruitment Solutions