Principal Control and Instrumentation Engineer
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
A Principal Control and Instrumentation Engineer with Ship Building is required to work on a twelve-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Cumbria.
This is a 12-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Principal Control and Instrumentation Engineer contract role
* Define, develop and maintain software simulation models for submarine plant devices as part of the overall Controls & Instrumentation test facility.
* Develop SCADA systems and Graphical User Interfaces using WinCC OA or similar.
* Develop and maintain software verification and validation test plans.
* Management and programming of PLC-based test infrastructure (e.g. Siemens, Rockwell, Schneider), to IEC61131-3.
Key skills required for the Principal Control and Instrumentation Engineer
* Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering subject (e.g. Electronics, Computer Science, etc.)
* Experienced software developer with focus on modelling & simulation.
* Experience of developing Graphical User Interfaces.
* Experience of marine systems would be an advantage.
* Experience of working within a high-assurance engineering environment.
* Experience of product Verification/Validation testing.
* PLC experience.
* Network administration/configuration experience.
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District.
If you are a Principal Control and Instrumentation Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on (url removed) or phone (phone number removed).
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)