Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Salary: £30,000 to £50,000
Hours: 9.00am to 5:00pm
Our client, a well established practice based Leeds, is looking to recruit a Building Surveyor to join their existing team
To deliver a wide range of building consultancy services to a wide spectrum of clients.
To assist the Member Partners when appropriate to enhance turnover and profitability.
* To represent the Practice as a Building Surveyor and promote its best interests at all times.
* To provide day to day assistance to the Member Partners when directed.
* To take instructions and guidance from Member Partners when applicable.
* To take instructions from clients and seek guidance from the Member Partner where appropriate.
* To assist with the development and maintenance of a strong client base specifically in building surveying matters but also generally.
* To comply with RICS membership regulations in so far as they apply to you in the capacity of a Building Surveyor.
* To diligently handle all instructions and to maintain comprehensive records for all work undertaken.
* To carry out/assist with the carrying out of day to day duties
* To undertake measured surveys and production of drawings
* To prepare specification and tender documentation
* To prepare and submit Applications for consent to Local Authority Planning and Building Control departments, Fire Officers, Licensing, Justices, Freeholders etc as applicable
* Undertake and prepare Condition Surveys
* Undertake and prepare Schedule of Dilapidations
* Principal Designer role under the CDM Regulations
* Party Wall matters
* Prepare cost estimate advice
* Undertake and prepare Building Survey reports
* Undertake the role as Expert Witness and Advocate
* Project management/coordination services
* Contract administrator role
* Residential Homebuyer reports and building surveys
Experience required in building consultancy:
* Pre-acquisition building surveys/ Homebuyer survey and valuations
* Dilapidation administration/ Preparation of Schedule of Condition
* Design tender and contract procurement/ Planning and Building Regulation advice
* Working without immediate supervision/ Good general knowledge of building consultancy
* Accurate record keeping/ Good communication (verbal and in writing)
* Willing to undergo training as required
* Good interpersonal skills/ Polite and courteous to members of the public and clients
Death in Service benefit 2½ times salary, Professional Subscriptions paid, Training/CPD costs, Contributory pension scheme, Car allowance to be agreed, 23 days holiday + Statuorys
This vacancy is being managed by Joe Butcher at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook, can you also follow us on and
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2018.
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions
right time recruitment
Minerva Appointments ltd