Data Assurance Analyst
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Location: Stratford or Sidcup
Salary: Circa £35'000 - £45'000 (Negotiable)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time (35 hours per week)
Customer Management Resourcing (CMR) is a boutique recruitment consultancy that specialise in mid & executive level roles within 'Customer Management'. This includes all management or analytical roles surrounding Contact Centres, Customer Experience & A.I.
We are proud to be working with a leading, well established residential housing organisation. They play a key part in helping shape some of the most exciting, diverse and dynamic regions in the country, predominantly in the South East of England.
The organisation have implemented a corporate Data Governance Framework to manage the way they collect, use and share data throughout the organisation, with emphasis on improving the completeness and accuracy of the information they use.
The Data Quality Assurance Analyst is a new role offering a challenging opportunity for a candidate with strong Data Quality skills and experience gained on data migration, data cleansing or master data management projects. Technical skills will be complemented by an ability to communicate persuasively and effectively at all levels both within and outside the organisation
Scope of the role:
Reporting to the Data Protection Officer, the Data Quality Assurance Analyst will develop the business processes and work flows needed for introducing data management and play a major role in identifying, cleaning and assuring the master data.
You will also pro-actively identify ways to improve systems to reduce the risk of data capture and processing errors, for example: by restructuring the data model or by improving validation or data capture methods.
This is a varied and challenging role that demands technical, communication and people skills. You will work as a technical specialist, liaise with data processors, owners and users and collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams and informal focus groups to improve and quantify the reliability of the data needed.
Your suitability will be evidenced by a track record of contribution to successful implementation of master data management and/or a major data migration project.
The successful candidate is likely to have formal technical, professional or academic qualifications or affiliations related to data quality or data management.
* Document and maintain records of processing activities and information inventories, auditable by regulators as required
* Produce appraisal and compliance audit reports for issues relating to GDPR, data protection and information security across the business including data breaches and resolutions to prevent recurrence as appropriate
* Create training and related guidance material for GDPR, other data protection, data security, privacy, data classification to keep our data assets private and secure and ensure the correct handling of data
* Produce data quality reports for all key data assets based on business rules specified by the data team
* Produce regulatory reports for areas of accountability ensuring all information on the report is correct
* Knowledge of GDPR and associated regulations such as PCI DSS compliance and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation
* Compliance, Risk and Audit awareness
* Knowledge of HCA regulatory reporting
* Stakeholder management expertise
* Communication & Influencing skills
* Report writing skills
* Understanding of data governance frameworks
* Knowledge of improving data integrity and data quality
* Awareness of BI & Data analytics
* Strong project management skills
* Familiar with using IT Systems
* Salary range of £35,000 - 45,000 (Negotiable depending on level of experience)
* 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Annual bonus subject to group performance
* Excellent Pension scheme
* Excellent career progression opportunities
* Healthcare scheme, employee assistance scheme and non-contributory life assurance.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration please click the apply button.
We do endeavour to respond to as many applications as possible, however due to the high volume of applications we tend to receive we cannot always advise each individual unsuccessful applicant. If you haven't heard from us within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful