Gas & Water Contracts Manager
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Salary: £250.00 to £300.00 per day - LTD rate
Length of Contract: 3 months Interim
Greenacre has been appointed to source a Gas & Water Contracts Manager for a reputable Housing Association in London. Our client is looking for a candidate with experience in Gas & Legionella who has very good technical knowledge and contracts management.
* Provide advice on gas maintenance issues in accordance with current legislation.
* Supervise Contractors' work in accordance with agreed specifications and orders.
* Assist with timely and comprehensive responses to complaints and queries from residents relating to gas safety and installations.
* Assist with the preparation of Gas Servicing, Specifications and programmes as required.
* Identify works required on inspection, and issue site instructions and variation orders as necessary with an awareness of the financial implications of the action taken.
* Create, maintain and deliver repairs, planned and cyclical works streams.
* Monitor the progress of contracts, with a Contractor's site agent/foreman.
* Participate in resident consultation as required.
* Ensure all appropriate appliance and/or installation documentation i.e; safety, test details, appliance details and warranty information is obtained and processed.
* Prepare tender documents for distribution and make recommendations on acceptance or otherwise ensuring compliance with the tendering process.
* Sound knowledge of the computer-based schedule of rates and other systems, and be able to input and retrieve information where necessary, as well as collating financial reports.
* Cross-check completed works against invoices or job tickets, validate costs and maintain records of all projects undertaken and to authorise invoice payments.
* Correspond with and consult tenants on matters concerning requests for major repairs, alterations and adaptations of their properties, liaising as appropriate with Housing and Technical Officers.
* Ensure value for money and satisfactory standards of work are achieved in all works
* Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and regulations, with specific duties and responsibilities under CDM regulations.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of legislation and good practices and to ensure the client meets its obligations.
* Contribute to and play an active part in the overall work of the Property & Development Department.
* Implement positively and ensure compliance with client's policies, procedures, codes of practice and initiatives relating to equality and diversity, personal service standards and health and safety.
* Provide the highest quality services incorporating best standards and practice and work to continually improve standards, promoting the client to its tenants, clients and those seeking assistance from the client
* Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required by the Head of Asset Management.
* Operate within Financial Regulations on Contract budgets, Cyclical budgets and Planned Maintenance budgets.
Please complete your application by sending your CV, if you have any queries please contact Garry Thomas using the email address attached to the role.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Greenacre Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment agency and business