Property Manager / Surveyor
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Braintree is an ambitious and dynamic Council and is becoming one of the fastest growing Districts in the East of England with three growing towns, London just 45 minutes away and the district located directly between the international transport centres of Stansted Airport and Harwich and Felixstowe International Ports. We have a deserved track record for delivering and a strong reputation within the business community.
As our Property Manager and Surveyor you will assist the Head of Asset Management in the corporate management of the Council's property assets and in the provision of valuation and estate management services to the Council.
In return we will offer our Property Manager and Surveyor excellent benefits including;
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Free parking
- Local government pension scheme
- Learning and development for all staff
- Staff discounts at local businesses
- Staff recognition schemes
- Extensive health and wellbeing programme including discounted gym membership
The Property Manager and Surveyor duties will include;
- Arranging the sale and letting of land and property including marketing, preparation of property particulars or appointment and management of external agents and consultants.
- Negotiating terms for the acquisition and disposal of land and property.
- Negotiating terms for the grant by and to the Council of leases, sub leases, licences, easements and wayleaves, together with associated renewals and rent reviews.
- Assisting in the corporate process for allocation of revenue funds for repair and maintenance across all property assets.
- Considering applications and negotiating terms where appropriate for the Council's consent as landlord to assignments, sub-lettings, alterations and improvements to premises, and variations in lease and licence terms.
- Preparing reports for and attend Member and Officer meetings including Cabinet, Council, Committee, Sub-Committee and Management Team meetings, as required.
- Assisting in the preparation and implementation of the annual Asset Management Plan
Our ideal Property Manager and Surveyor will have the below skills and experience;
- Relevant degree/professional qualification (e.g. in Estate Management)
- Experience in managing property portfolios
- Experience of working in a general practice environment
- Membership of RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
- Knowledge and understanding of the property market and related legal and planning legislation
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with Members, Council Officers, Customers, Consultants and Contractors
- Ability to manage workload and work on own initiative
- IT skills including Microsoft Office
Braintree District Council is a great place to work. We pride ourselves on our creative, innovative and forward thinking approach which is led by our staff. We are committed to having an engaged workforce who understand our strategy and how they can help deliver it.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Sunday 20th January 2019
So if this sounds like the role for you and you would like to join our team as Property Manager and Surveyor then please click 'Apply' today