Asset Management Assistant
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Wales & West Housing Association
Wales & West Housing is one of the leading housing providers in Wales. We operate across 15 local authority areas, providing quality affordable homes and services to more than 19,000 residents. We are a major Welsh employer, with over 390 staff at WWH and 250 staff in our two group companies - figures that are growing year on year. We have been established since 1965, and we have grown from our first scheme of 49 flats in Cardiff, to over 12,000 properties across Wales. We have three main offices situated in North Wales, West Wales and our headquarters in Cardiff.
This has been a big year for us at WWH, not least because we were ranked as the top Welsh not-for-profit organisation in the 2018 Sunday Times Best Companies list and fourth in the UK overall, we have been in the Top Ten for the last seven consecutive years. We are really proud of the fact that our staff love working for us; much of this is because of the unique culture we have here at WWH. Our aim is to create a place that everyone wants to work in and environment where every staff member feels supported and valued. Our values are really important to us at WWH and you will hear us talk a lot about being a values led organisation - our values drive the way we behave.
The Property Services team at WWH is primarily focused with delivering front line services to our residents; working alongside the Housing and Development departments as well as Cambria Maintenance Services, the subsidiary company that delivers our repairs and maintenance to our properties. The Property Services department is made up of around ninety members of staff across our sites in Wales. The principal aim of our team is to make sound asset investment judgements to help enable our residents sustain their tenancies across the region The role is office based, working in our Newcastle Emlyn office.. Our residents are at the heart of what we do, and we engage with them as much as possible to find out what matters to them so we can continually shape and deliver the best possible service.
We are looking for someone to work in our West Wales office in Newcastle Emlyn who genuinely wants to make a difference to people's lives, homes and communities.
You will assist the team in a wide variety of duties which include but not exclusively:
* assisting the commercial manager;
* administering the planned works programme;
* administering the physical adaptations programme;
* updating the Dynamics Project Register with key information;
* supporting the Asset Management Officers with day to day queries;
* liaising directly with our residents, dealing with queries and complaints;
* and many other areas of work listed in the role profile.
You will need:
* a background in a maintenance environment preferably in social housing or the property sector;
* good literacy, numeracy and IT skills;
* excellent organisational skills;
* to be proactive and to take the initiative when appropriate;
* the ability to use Excel and Word to a high level;
* to be able to clearly demonstrate your fit with the values of our organisation;
* excellent communication skills;
* and a clear ability to develop good working relations with both internal and external customers.
INTERESTED? Please click on APPLY and go to our website for an application form and more information