Data Science Analyst - Compliance
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Barclays UK
Role: You will be expected to assist in the development and execution of the Compliance Risk Assessment team's data science capabilities. You will provide support for all governance processes related to measure material conduct and reputational risks, identify control issues and actions required to strengthen those controls.
- Acquiring access to data to support data analysis work.
- Performing Data Profiling, Data Cleansing, Data Transformation, Analysis and Reporting.
- Applying technical skills and statistical methods to analyse Use Cases and Data Issues.
- Applying attention to detail in identifying, analysing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex datasets.
- Assisting in the building of machine learning models to address business problems.
- Supporting the maintenance of up-to-date procedures for the programme's wider governance library, including data dictionaries for sources used by the team.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of key risks, controls and control objectives in the context of Barclays business activities.
- Ensuring conformance with Data Governance principles and standards, Data Privacy etc.
- Actively participate in the team's cross-training initiative with a focus on automation initiatives to lead, inspire and coach other employees in an inclusive and ever-changing work environment.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, econometrics or related scientific disciplines
- Experience of using statistical packages with large data sets to analyse datasets and extract insights - i.e. Excel, SPSS, SAS, STATA, R etc.
- Ability to use data visualisation tools for business outputs i.e. Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview, Spotfire - experience with Tableau would be an advantage
- Ability to draw and communicate accurate and insightful conclusions from large data sets
- Understanding of statistical methods and data manipulation
- Broad knowledge of applied mathematics
- Proficiency in a programming language: R, Python or SQL
- Understanding of various methods - i.e. Regression, Random Forest, text mining, data mining, clusterig
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.