Disaster Recovery Analyst
Posted on Sep 18, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Disaster Recovery Analyst. Candidate will focus on enabling the IT Disaster Recovery process and providing expertise in D/R concepts, plan authoring, validation and testing of critical systems. The role is highly focused on the development, delivery and maintenance of technical and complex Ransomware planning and the support of simulation tests and tabletop exercises.
- Coordinates with various information technology and business groups to identify critical systems and dependencies, and the potential vulnerabilities and risks that could result in catastrophic impact.
- Coordinates and executes Ransomware Rebuild simulation tests, documents results recovery time capabilities, issues, and resolutions through post-testing analysis.
- Serves as tertiary back-up during tabletop exercises or actual catastrophic disaster recovery or business continuity events.
- Gather and analyze data
- Interpret gathered data
- Submit reports to the relevant department heads and management
- Find patterns and trends in the analyzed data
- Help management and other teams achieve business goals and needs
- Formulate procedural manuals if required
- Track and reconcile data
- Supports the execution of a specific IT process (ie Vendor Management, Asset Management, Telecommunications, Business Applications, Service Delivery, etc.) in response to business needs and requests.
- Define, track and monitor KPIs
- Identify and mitigate risks
- Collaborates with business and IT stakeholders to identify, analyze, understand and prioritize activities by business value and urgency.
- Develops consultative partnerships with internal teams and leaders to understand their strategic objectives, key performance indicators and reporting requirements.
- Supports communications, meetings, and other collaborations as appropriate to effectively perform work and to understand, resolve, and/or mitigate risks, issues, obstacles, and conflicts
- Collaborate cross-functionally to enhance overall delivery of reporting across the business units and within the department.
- Establish and collect KPI to measure business value delivered by projects and solutions.
- Analyze and interpret information for planning and control purposes.
- Present to leadership recommendations on opportunities
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience within the disaster recovery field
- 3+ years leading medium to complex multi-million-dollar systems development programs
- 3+ years of experience with Disaster Recovery Planning Software and tools
- Strong understanding of Ransomware recovery and architectural of Isolated Recovery Environments
- Subject matter expertise in IT Disaster Recovery with a minimum of 3 years of Disaster Recovery experience
- 7+ years of experience in an Information Technology discipline
- 5+ years of experience with developing/testing recovering strategies for cloud (IaaS/SaaS) based applications
- Working knowledge of recovery tools such as SRM and Zerto
- Strong project manager skills with 5+ years of hands on experience
- 5 + years of experience with automation and orchestration tools for recovering applications at alternate locations
- Experience developing business impact analysis documents
- Strategic mindset to lead recovery strategy planning efforts
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex integrated disaster recovery exercises
- Thorough knowledge of data management in order to assist in the preparation of recovery procedures
- Strong ability in building effective relationships with clients and colleagues