Business Development Manager
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Job Description: Seneca Data Position Description Form
Summary of Position
The Digital Security and Surveillance Business Development Manager?s position encompasses all related responsibilities for the growth, development and communications of the Security Market for Seneca Data product lines including: Seneca Security Servers, Storage appliances, View stations, and other product lines and accessories. Involves managing DSS manufactures representatives, customer relationships and working closely with sales and marketing staff to determine, meet and exceed customer needs.
- Strong Background in Business Development and Revenue Generation
- Responsible for developing and penetrating named and target accounts within vertical market
- Must be able to prepare and deliver Sales Presentations and proposals
- Utilize existing relationships in the Physical Security Market to leverage new business opportunities.
- Develop new relationships in the Physical Security market to promote sales opportunities.
- Develop strategies surround the architect and engineering community.
- Develop Sales Strategies to address marketing to Physical Security Ecosystem of OEM, ISV, and channel sales structure
- Create and work on strategic accounts for closing business opportunities.
- Transition of new buying accounts to an Account Manager
- Work with Account Managers on increasing Business within named Deeper and Wider accounts
- Work with MDM on development of marketing strategies
- Attend and set meetings and agenda?s for Vertical Market Shows
- Continuous Development of Sales Leads and moving them through the Sales Funnel
- Work with Product Managers to recommend product line management, including current product offerings, future plans, conversions and road maps to meet customer needs.
- Work with new and existing vendor?s to develop relationships and co-marketing plans and leads.
- Represent Seneca in a professional manner; striving for total customer satisfaction
- Share in the responsibility for overall profitability and growth of your business unit
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Business Development and Sales experience
- Understanding of Physical Security Industry and Ecosystem
- Understanding of Vertical Markets specific to Physical Security
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent organization and creativity skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Public speaking and/or presentation skills
- Strong assessment/prioritization skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to create positive impressions with customers, business partners and staff
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Programs (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- HS diploma required
- College experience helpful (preferably in business, marketing, sales or similar major)
- Formal product management training helpful
- 5-10 years Outside Business Development & Sales
- Previous Security Market sales experience
? Ability to sit at a desk, computer and/or table for extended periods
? Ability to travel independently to attend various meetings, trade shows demonstrations, etc.
? Ability to converse verbally and in writing with others
? Ability to utilize multi-line phone system and various computers and information systems
Including a computer keyboard
Amount of Travel Required:
Position will require approximately 50% of time traveling, meeting customers and attending Vertical Market Trade shows. The expectation is to be in appointments Tuesday thru Thursday when engaging in overnight travel. Appointments should be 3 to 5 a day.
Other information or qualifications that may be important for this position:
Demonstrate understanding and commitment toward our vision of creating the best customer experience for quality and value in technology, manufacturing and logistics and to being a leading provider of total computing solutions for our clients. This is a demanding position that requires a self-motivated, positive individual that seeks challenges and exhibits flexibility.
Time Type: Full time
Job Category: Customer Facing/Supplier Facing