Environmental, Health, and Safety Technician
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Exide Technologies
This position will be responsible to review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and assist in the design of programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent injury caused by physical, chemical, or ergonomic factors. Duties will include, but not be limited to: Assess and evaluate plant conditions for EH&S compliance, conduct or manage inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing environmental, health and safety.
It is imperative that the EH&S technician maintain professionalism while working in this capacity.
- Manage the Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Assist in the leading of the plant safety program and drive positive safety culture.
- Attend, complete, or conduct training or programs related to safety and employee wellness.
- Conduct new-hire employee & contractor safety orientation..
- Assist with safety inspections, investigations, audits and corrective action planning.
- Conduct industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Support safety and environmental programs regarding hazardous chemicals and other substances.
- Maintain EH&S files and records to ensure compliance with all applicable EH&S policies and regulations.
- Assist in the management of EH&S compliance programs in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Interact professionally with auditors and inspectors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate?s Degree (Bachelor Preferred) in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Industrial Safety or related field.
- Prefer 3-5 years industrial safety experience.
- Weekend work will be scheduled each month.
- Must be able to work any shift; there will be times when will need to shift their schedule for coverage
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA Regulations.
- Knowledge of proper protocol for exposure monitoring preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, and Word)
- Team focused, solutions-oriented, interested in setting the example and improving the culture
- Have or be able to achieve for WWT Operator license
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, colleagues, contractors and government agency representatives.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to fumes, dust, and airborne particles.
- While some work will be performed in an office setting, the majority of the time the employee will be required to be in the plant enclosure buildings, where additional exposure is likely.
- Noise levels in the plant enclosure buildings are high.
- All employees are required to wear respirators inside the manufacturing facility.
- Qualified candidates must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, and climb with minimal effort.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies () is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide?s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world?s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Requisition ID 2
Category Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS)
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Exide Technologies () is a global provider of stored electrical energy solutions-batteries and associated equipment and services for transportation and industrial markets. With 128 years of industry experience and operating in more than 80 countries, Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products that keep customers and their businesses powering forward. Leading car, truck and lift truck manufacturers trust Exide as an original equipment supplier, and Exide serves the transportation and industrial aftermarket through a comprehensive portfolio of products and services. The Company's extensive sales, distribution and service network provides flexibility and quality for an exceptional customer experience.
At Exide Technologies, It All Starts Now. History and scale, combined with a start-up mentality, make Exide the faster, more nimble, more innovative, more digital, and more responsive alternative for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier. Exide is "the 128 Year Old Start-Up," and the Company is moving forward-bringing the energy of the "new Exide" to customers around the world.