Manager, Sr Facilities Mgmt - GetGo
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Giant Eagle, Inc.
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 36 on Forbes magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\\\$9.5 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
Giant Eagle was previously named America's Second Harvest Regional Retailer of the Year for its support of local food banks, and also actively supports??numerous community events, the United Way, Children's Hospital, Race For The Cure and other non-profit organizations. The company also has created education initiatives such as Apples For The Students, which has provided millions of dollars in computer equipment, software and other classroom learning tools for local schools and the Be A Smart Shopper school nutrition program. Further information can be found at GiantEagle.com.
Through development and management of Facilities Managers, vendors and service providers, and corporate budgets, the Senior Facilities Manager is responsible for all maintenance, repair (M&R), and certain capital improvement activities of assigned formats/locations/portfolios.
- Communicate and coordinate with designated business leads (executive leadership, format leaders, regional leaders and store leaders), with regard to goals and measures of success (i.e. scope of services, establishment of and adherence to standards, policies, practices, and criteria of acceptability).
- Establish metrics and routinely meet with business leads and report upon progress against stated goals
- Generate draft fiscal budgets (expense and capital), present budgets for approval, and proactively monitor and report upon progress against budgets. Identify and analyze budget variances, develop contingency plans, and implement correction and mitigation plans. Typical P.L budget responsibility is 15M to 50M of personnel, M&R, and CAM expenses.
- Establish, develop, and manage a team of Facilities Managers. Typical responsibility is 3 to 13 FTE of Facilities Managers, Technicians, and support personnel. Provide oversight, day-to-day management, coaching, mentoring, and strategic leadership for team to achieve stated goals.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and standards for use by Facilities Managers. Provide management and oversight insuring adherence and consistency.
- Manage and work towards proficiencies and enhancement of systems (Tririga and Verisae).
- Manage license, certification and inspection processes and insure compliance with requirements of all applicable licenses and certifications (elevator, boiler, E&S, EPA, fuel systems, etc.).
- Manage vendor and service providers. This includes insuring compliance with safety requirements, performing business reviews, working with procurement on routine bidding events, evaluating contractors, resolving deficiencies, issuing contracts or purchase orders, approving invoices, and insuring compliance with all corporate and contract requirements.
- Implement, enhance, and monitor Kep Performance Indicators for vendors and service providers. Proactively work to improve performance and correct deficiencies.
- Maintain cost effective Planned Preventative Maintenance program(s) in accordance with industry standards with the goal of maximizing plant/equipment useful life and reducing M&R costs. This includes development of activities and schedules, review of effectiveness, and making adjustments or modifications as required.
- Continually monitor all assigned work with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership to identify opportunities for efficiency, opportunities to reduce waste, and opportunities to reduce costs.
- Major budgetary and financial responsibility for a group function. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\\\$5mm +
- Responsible for direct and indirect supervision of team members in one or more departments.
- Bachelors Degree Architecture, Engineering, Business Management, or similar
- 5 to 10 years
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Builds High Performance Teams
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Manages Team Execution
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Aware of surroundings in a high traffic warehouse environment
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Extreme Outdoor temperatures
- Inclement weather (hot/cold, snowy, rainy)
- Normal office environment
- Warehouse environment with exposure to hot and cold temperatures
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Fax Machine
- Mobile computing device(s) (Smart phone, tablet, etc.)
Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle is one of the 40 largest family-operated companies in the US and operates Giant Eagle, GetGo and Market District stores. Giant Eagle has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland, and Indiana. As we continue to grow and expand, our commitment to our core values and the well-being of our Team Members, customers, and our communities is as strong as ever. We listen to what you have to say and do everything we can to provide a safe, caring, family-oriented environment.
Giant Eagle strives to be a best place to work in the eyes of the nearly 36,000 individuals who work in our stores, pharmacies, warehouses and in our corporate offices. At Giant Eagle, you'll have the opportunity to develop a real career with countless opportunities for you to grow with us. The way we conduct business and treat one another - our Team Members, customers, community members and valued partners - defines what the Giant Eagle culture is all about.