Broker Backup Technician (Lloyd's Broker)
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
Suitable candidates for the position will already have gained at least 18 - 24 months experience working in a broker backup role and will be looking for a new challenge within a respected Lloyd's broker.
You will need to be able to cope with a busy work environment dealing with varied tasks throughout the day.
Reporting directly to the Broker Support manager you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Produce and process open market slips and assist with binding authorities.
• Produce slips/endorsements, cover notes, policy schedules, debit notes and monthly lineslip declarations.
• Review and process Risk and Premium bdx
• Manage Atlas, BAR's and Lineage
• Daily use of A&S systems
• Produce LPAN's
• Liaise with claims team on claims issues & reports
• Keeping track of all binder renewals, reviewing performance and sending renewal notices and chasers
• Premium payment chasing
• Compliance with Procedures and Regulatory requirements
• General administration
• Maintain required records, reports, and files in an organised manner and present these to senior management as and when required.
• Dealing with any ad hoc duties
This is a pivotal position within the company and therefore demands a responsible attitude. All round broker support experience is essential as is a confidence with computers. Ideally you will be part ACII qualified.
The ideal candidate will need to have strong computer skills and have experience using the Brokasure system would be an advantage. Good communicational and organisational skills are also essential.
Other desirable skills are:
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel and Outlook) or similar software applications.
• Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
• Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates.
Our client is committed to continuous professional education and will offer study support when required.
Salary £22,000 - £30,000 dependent on skills
South Essex College of Further & Higher Education