Head of QA/Compliance
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Anonymous
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary: Up to £65,000 - dependant on experience
Location: Branksome / Poole
Just an Insurance Broker? In title yes but in how we live and breathe, absolutely not. As a business we have grown from acorn to oak at a significant pace and achieved great success through sheer grit, determination and always remembering our roots. Retaining our core values through growth and change is key to the DNA and unique culture here at Protect Line.
Our business why is to reduce the protection deficit in the UK by protecting as many UK families as possible; it's as simple as that. How we do it, is the difference. We believe in doing the right thing, first time. We do this through our absolute commitment to investing in our people, our products and innovation to deliver the very best customer experience.
We have been awarded 'Protection Firm of the Year' twice in the last 5 years and are currently the # 1 Broker on TrustPilot in the overall money and insurance category, an accolade we are incredibly proud of as it is based entirely on customer feedback.
We are driven by a genuine passion and a commitment to care; to both customers and employees. The working environment is energetic, driven and oozes passion, where everyone is committed to making every interaction count towards achieving our business mission and goals.
Trusted by some of the UK's leading providers we tailor protection policies to suit consumer needs on a non-advised basis.
In line with our ethos of doing things right, first time; Compliance and maintaining a robust quality culture is critical to delivering the best experience for our customers.
Our Head of QA/ Compliance role will work collaboratively with the Managing Directors, playing a vital role in ensuring Protect Line complies with regulation. The role will require you to provide expert and highly effective advice, guidance and support on all regulatory matters relating to the Financial Conduct Authority and contribute to the overall company culture.
Working on the Senior Management team, this person will be required to build a strong rapport with colleagues at all levels and champion the delicate nature of regulatory integration into our current sales model.
* Work closely with our network provider and be the subject matter expert to the business with regard to ongoing regulatory changes
* Provide commercially sound advice and guidance, working proactively with the Senior Management team to identify and agree changes to business practices to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements
* Collaborate with the business to support commercial growth and strategic plans
* Provide leadership guidance and strong performance management across a multifunctional Quality Assurance Team
* Work with the Quality Assurance Manager to develop, lead and maintain a high performing QA team ensuring daily, weekly and monthly targets are met
* Succession Planning within the department, ensuring that as the business grows the department employs and retains the right volume and quality of staff
* Proactively identify areas that pose a higher level of risk to the business, ensuring awareness of developments and remedial actions.
* Work closely with the Head of Sales and Head of Operations to maintain a strong working relationship, ensuring quality remains a strong focus across the income generating functions
* Take the lead on feedback where there are more severe cases relating to call quality and customer complaints
* Recommend changes to processes and procedures that will reduce compliance risk and raise operational standards
* Design and deliver Regulatory and Compliance training and communicate regular updates to staff as required
* Review and interpret QA MI to identify trends and recommend remedial action that may be required within the business.
* Implement identified actions to deliver appropriate outcomes.
* Manage the overall complaints process, to ensure resolution within the correct timescales. Including feedback to Team Managers/ employees, root cause analysis and required training on the back of this
* Excellent knowledge of the FCA Handbook as well as technical expertise regarding other regulatory and legal requirements, such as Data Protection (GDPR) and Financial Promotions
* Previous experience managing a Compliance or Quality function at department level desired
* Professional Qualifications to support experience - preferable
* Proven management skills including monitoring productivity, performance management and achieving success through your team
* Ability to deliver pragmatic compliance based knowledge and advice
* Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills including training and motivating teams
* Excellent problem solving, communication and influencing skills with an ability for building positive and productive relationships at all levels and against a backdrop of the challenges of bringing the sales minded business areas on the compliance journey.
* Able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of customer service awareness, including TCF, FCA guidelines and some complaints resolution experience highly desirable
* Ability to work well under pressure and remain effective
* Accurate and professional writing style
* Strong research skills, with the ability to analyse at a high level
* Highly organised, ability to manage workloads to ensure targets and timescales are met
* Able to show initiative and make appropriate decisions, consulting with the business and relevant stakeholders as necessary
* Minimum of intermediate skills in Microsoft packages
Jigsaw Specialist Recruitment Limited