Information Security Specialist
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Competitive Salary + Benefits
The Information Security SME will join the our Client Security Team to provide security expertise and guidance to the Security Investment Programme which includes a number of projects as part of our Client's 2017 cyber strategy.
The role will include input into the requirements and designs working with internal our Client teams and external parties to put in place agreed solutions to meet the aims of the programme. This is a dynamic role combining security solution design, implementation, assurance and review activities with standards, policy and procedure development.
Strong analytical, information security and application security skills are required along with a technical understanding of the practical application of information security controls within financial services firms.
The Security SME is vital to ensuring that appropriate security controls and best practice are applied to emerging services within the Bank.
Key Responsibilities Include
* Act as the subject matter expert for all security matters relating to projects in scope of the programme reporting on a day to day basis to the responsible security project manager
* Take responsibility and ownership for implementing solutions that meet the needs of the security programme, ensuring industry good practice is followed
* Provide options and recommendations for ways to achieve the aims of the programme - and once agreed see the recommendations through to delivery
* Take a pragmatic, risk based approach to delivering initiatives within the programme. Balancing risk reduction, with quick wins and business need.
* Provide guidance regarding technical security best practice to project and internal teams including input into the requirements and design to ensure best practice aligned to our Client's aims
* Develop, agree and socialise policies, procedures and standards for projects within the Security Investment Programme
* Review, challenge and contribute to technical designs to ensure that security is designed into new solutions as part of the programme
* Understand, assess and effectively communicate security risks associated with proposed solutions
* Escalate concerns, risks and issues to the programme project management and accountable executive
* Contribute to further iterations of the security programme and prioritisation of initiatives
* Contribute to security policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that security best practice is applied across the company
* Contribute to security assurance processes
* Extensive background in the practical application of information security
* Excellent understanding of information security concepts and practices
* Experience of running the security elements of procurement activities to ensure the right solutions are procured to meet the objectives of the programme.
* Prior experience of implementing; Privileged Access Management, End Point Security, Identity & Access Management, Supplier Security Assurance, Cloud Based security offerings and Security policies/procedures/standards
* Experience of reviewing technical designs and solutions to identify security risks and opportunities for improvement
* Ability to work independently or with limited resources to deliver results
* Strong analytical and IT related skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organization skills
* Experience of developing, implementing and supporting security controls and best practice within a Financial Services environment
* Computer Science, IT, Information Security or Cyber related degree - Desirable
* Industry recognized cloud security qualifications, such as: CCSP - Desirable
* Industry recognized security qualifications such as: CISSP, SSCP, CISM - Desirable
Please apply using the link provided.
The Curve Group manage the recruitment process for Our Client UK . The personal details you have shared with us may be processed by The Curve Group on behalf of Our Client UK and will be shared with hiring managers with Our Client UK as part of your application. Full details of all Privacy Policies can be viewed by using the following links: