Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Hours: 11:30pm - 8:30am or 9:30pm - 6:30am 5 out of 7 days
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Salary: £9 per hour will increase for the right candidate
About Our Client My client is a leading and expanding group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition, and are in The Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for. They are currently recruiting for a Night Manager to smoothly run the hotel during the night time.
To manage both reception department during the night and take on all reception duties for a 4 star boutique hotel and Stately Home, both in the heart of Tunbridge Wells. To attend to any guests needs efficiently and effectively, and to ensure all buildings are secure/locked at night.
* To manage reception during the evening hours
* Check in late arrivals and check out early departures in line with hotel procedures
* To answer any calls/emails and to take effective messages
* To attend to all late-night guest requests
* To ensure all access to the hotel is secure and perform any related security jobs as required overnight
* Ensure set up of the hotel for the day's next business.
* Report any faulty equipment to the relevant persons
* Perform all pre-& post night audit duties
* Collect all overnight breakfast orders and relay to early kitchen staff
* Collect Post and distribute to the relevant departments
* Liaise with the housekeeping department to see what areas need cleaning during the shift
* To take part in scheduled training and to proactively take part in relevant hotel meetings
* To have extensive knowledge of all hotel facilities
* Identifying and removing potential H&S hazards
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
* Previous experience as reception supervisor or night porter
* To have a proactive approach to work and a positive attitude which reflects the ability to work on one's own initiative
* Excellent verbal communication
* Ability to work methodically and to a time frame
* IT skills