Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
We have a range of full time vacancies for Employment Advisors, of various grades. Salary scales £17,000 to £24,000 depending upon experience
Based in Carmarthen working across Carmarthen and Pembrokshire. Maternity Cover.
Based in Bridgend, Maternity Cover. Term time only
Based in Newport, working across Newport, Torfaen and Caerphilly
Based in Swansea, working across Swansea, Port Talbot and Neath,
Responsible to: Operations Manager/Project/s Team Leader
We are currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our innovative and passionate team as full time Employment Advisors.
ELITE Supported Employment is a registered charity and limited company that enables people with a disability or disadvantage to obtain and maintain employment through the provision of structured in work training and support. We're looking for flexible outgoing individuals who love to enable people to join our team.
ELITE provides support across Wales. We have branches in Newport, Brecon and Llandarcy.
PURPOSE OF JOB: To enable people with a range disabilities or health conditions (including vision loss and sight impairment) and those facing disadvantage to access, obtain and maintain paid employment through training and support in the workplace.
* To support participants through a range of both accredited and non-accredited training/courses for a range of employability programmes / workshops.
* To assist in the assessment of individuals' preferences, skills and support needs with regards to employment.
* To set up worksite visits to various employers and support individuals or groups with disabilities on the visits'. for interviews.
* To liaise with the Volunteer Coordinator to maximise volunteering opportunities for Volunteer Peer Mentors and Volunteer Mentors within the organisation and the coordination of their training and activities.
* To support, counsel and advise the jobseeker in relation to their pursuance of employment or in relation to employment issues.
* To conduct general job finding activity, to include the selection of jobs, job analysis and the job matching process.
* To conduct all the necessary activities required to ensure appropriate In Work Support including social integration for an allocated caseload
* To implement and continue the programme of in work support for as long as necessary, enabling independence with the aim to achieve job sustainability in order to meet Project outcomes.
* To monitor the progress and performance of the jobseeker/worker and keep appropriate records in line with the needs of our Funders and with the aim to achieve job sustainability in order to meet Project outcomes and compliance.
* To maintain regular contact with the employer to ensure and assist the new worker to meet expectations, with the aim to achieve job sustainability in order to meet Project outcomes.
* Support to enable individuals, through pre-employment activities, e.g. job applications, interviews, travel, social aspects of work etc., including the provision of travel training or route familiarisation.
* To assist on vocational courses / Job Clubs in the role of Classroom Support.
* To work flexible hours in various locations to meet individual requirements of the jobseeker/worker and job.
* To be aware of the Safety at Work Act, Equality Legislation, GDPR and Safeguarding.
* To assist in the provision of presentations and organisation representation.
* Contribute to Agency marketing activities to promote positive examples e.g case studies.
* To work on other projects within the organisation as directed.
* Recognise and work within ELITE's quality system and standards, that encompass those of our funders.
* To work as a member of the team, taking part in regular supervision, meetings and appropriate training.
* To conduct any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as required and in line with the needs of the business.
* To be aware of welfare benefits issues
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week. Some flexible working may be required.
Start Date: Pending successful enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
The closing date for applications is Friday 18th January