Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Great opportunity to join a well-respected engineering company based in Tewkesbury as an Account Manager. This role is the focal for the allocated customer(s) both internally and externally with responsibility for driving the business to achieve committed delivery plans and communicating status to those customers. The department is responsible for processing all customer orders and being the point of contact for day-to-day business for external customers
Reporting to the Customer Services Manager, the Account Manager shall have responsibility for communicating the customer's requirements to the business and providing the customer with the commitments of the business, managing the variances and reporting on the overall performance against requirements. The Customer Account Lead will own the customer order book from receipt of order to dispatch.
Voice of the Customer
* Be the voice of the customer within the business, describing their needs and driving for them to be met
* Communicate with the business on the status of the customer's requirements
* Act as a sounding board for proposals and plans for the business, providing feedback on the impact to the customer and the level of acceptability of the plans
Customer Point of Contact
* Interaction with customers as the primary contact for progress updates, initiating requests for further information from customer when required
* Responding to customer requests and queries including collation of requested information
* Maintenance of customer reporting systems (online portals, spreadsheets, etc.) and authoring and approval of customer non-technical reports as required
Order Book Management
* Receive, review and input customer orders in line with business processes, including the initiation of order reviews where appropriate
* Ensure all incoming orders, both OE and aftermarket, comply with contractual terms, such as pricing, leadtime and warranty
* Negotiate change requests with both internal external customer(s), including Operations, Planning and Logistics to ensure customer needs are met with minimal disruption to the smooth operation of the business
* Negotiate recovery plans where necessary, both internally and externally
* Prioritise on behalf of the customer where all requirements cannot be met or in the event of conflicting requirements
* Review and drive progress of returned units through all departments, monitoring and driving completion of appropriate works queues in line with agreed turnaround times
Performance Tracking and Measurement
* Develop metrics to allow performance to be tracked on key performance measures, such as on time delivery, quality and cost, reporting on performance and commenting on variations
* Agree delivery plans and monitor and report progress against them both internally and externally, escalating where appropriate if commitments are not met
* Track and report on financial performance, including cost of sales and sales versus target, identifying areas of concern where margin is eroding
General and Administrative
* An NVQ Level 3 qualification in Business Administration plus 3+ years of progressive experience in a Customer Services focussed role (preferably within the aerospace industry)
* Educated to A Level standard in an appropriate subject plus 3+ years of progressive experience in a Customer Services focussed role (preferably within the aerospace industry)
* 5+ years of progressive experience in a Customer Services focussed role (preferably within the aerospace industry)
* Must be motivated, customer driven, and deal effectively with internal and external customers.
* Must possess excellent organisational skills and communication skills, both oral and written.
* Must be willing to proactively take ownership of tasks and drive to completion without supervision
* Must possess ability to analyse data and calculate multiple outcome scenarios
* Must be able to act on own initiative and be self-driven, organised, with ability to be highly productive.
* Proven capability in computer literacy including specific proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
* Team player
* Able and willing to learn
Salary up to £29k + benefits package
Randstad Employment Bureau
Capita Managed Services
Element Recruitment Ltd
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited