1st Line Service Desk Analyst
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Overall Role Purpose:
This role requires a dynamic and proactive person who is able to work well with the ICT team to support 2000+ users over 100+ sites locations. The successful candidate must be technically able to support Microsoft Office products up to and including 2010, Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7 Enterprise. They should also be proficient in troubleshooting hardware and network connectivity issues. On a personal level they should be polite, customer focused and display a "can do" attitude at all times with a passion for providing first class ICT support to customers.
* Provide level 1 telephone support, with a continuous drive for first time fix.
* Assist head office visitors for all level 1 support requests.
* Log all requests received into the helpdesk, manage workload effectively ensuring any outstanding level 1 tickets are updated daily and clearly show what progress has made and what the next step is.
* Give 1st line technical support as required and ensure that cases are escalated with detailed information to the Helpdesk supervisor to ensure the smooth transition into other ICT teams and enable a speedy resolution to the ticket.
* Retain ownership of ticket and monitor until satisfactory resolution is achieved
* Consistently provide excellent "can do" customer service ethic with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
* Carry out general 1st line support tasks assigned by the ICT Service Delivery Manager, ICT Helpdesk Supervisor or ICT Support Supervisor.
* Participate in small projects as required.
* Knowledge sharing within the team.
* Participate in team meetings with focus on continuous Helpdesk improvement.
Required Qualifications / Expertise:
• Educated to A Level standard
• Technical and non-technical challenges
• Working on a helpdesk
• Using Helpdesk call logging tools
• Other relevant HW\SW i.e. Citrix, Routers, Exchange, Active Directory
• Experience of WAN networks
• Experience in the use of document management systems
Key Competencies required for this Career Level:
• Knowledge of MS Windows XP, and Windows 7
• Knowledge of the MS Office suite up to and including 2010
• Commercial network experience.
• Good team player
• Able to work under pressure
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Customer service and satisfaction