Portal Legal Advisor
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by Anonymous
To manage a caseload of Fast Track Portal RTA motorbike accident cases through all stages of the Portal, to include litigating to Stage 3 when appropriate.
To deliver robust quality claims handling, with a key focus on client outcomes, to generate fee income and to contribute to the general success of the business.
* Responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA Portal claims, following the MOJ process, making use of the firm's Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
* To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
* To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
* Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
* To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs, settlements and issuing, without compromising the firm's integrity.
* To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
* To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm's internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum.
* Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
* To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
* Previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA Biker Portal claims, or hands on experience of managing tasks relating to such cases.
* Biking experience or must currently be a biker
* Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office.
* Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
* Focus on delivering quality service to clients and the firm